cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Visiting Gettysburg Battlefield Park in RV?

texasAUtiger
Explorer
Explorer
We will be passing thru Gettysburg and definitely want to see what we can in a half day. What is RV parking like? I'd much prefer to drop the trailer in the parking lot, drive thru and see everything, then reconnect. Is this feasible? I've looked on the website but can't find any detailed parking info.

Thanks!
Dad, Mom, and two young kids
2015 Keystone Bullet 272BHS
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat SuperCrew, PSD 6.7
Husky Centerline TS hitch
4 REPLIES 4

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
Half a day is pretty short. We visited for the 3rd time last November - stayed at Artillery Ridge CG, took the toad to tour. Best time we had there yet - bought the CD guide for the car - cheaper than 2 on the bus. Worked well. STILL didn't complete the tour! The Visitor's Center is very nice - the folks there I'm sure can give you guidance on the "best bang for the buck" as far as touring with limited time. EVERYONE should visit Gettysburg. ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
We toured the battlegrounds in our 31ft Class C in 2015. There were some tight corners, but we made it thru just fine
Proud father of a US Marine

rbtglove
Explorer
Explorer
We rented the audio program that takes you to most of the things you will want to see. WE drove our truck because the bus tour would not allow our small dog on and it was very hot and we didn't want to leave her in the TT. Parking is available as stated along the route and you can park and take the tour bus at the visited center.
Bob/Beavercreek OH
2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ/Trail Lite 8230

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
The visitor's center has ample parking as I remember. The drive around the battlefield is adequate for RV's and the stopping points have lots of parking as well. Tour buses go there, so unless you have a giant rig or are unskilled, you should manage. Having said that, it is crowded and people in cars don't always park to leave room for bigger vehicles. I think you would be wise to plan your half day to include an overnight and just leave your Rv at the campground while site seeing. Get into Gettysburg around noon, rent a site, then go exploring. Or get into Gettysburg late a night, rent a site and go exploring in the morning.