cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wabash & Erie Canal Park, IN

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
This park is a bit north of Lafayette, IN. According to their website, from what I can tell they only have 5 campsites available. 3 are full hook up the other 2 are electric & water only. On Campground reviews it got 10 stars, but I'm looking for other opinions also. Might have to call them to find out about reservations, etc.
Apprecciate any & all input.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
7 REPLIES 7

rav
Explorer
Explorer
When we go to Elkhart it's usually from Little Rock. We stay at Boomland for one and Delphi for 2 nights. We used to live in Elkhart and go to visit. We can stay at a friend's for the week. When we sold the house we spent a few months at Elkhart campground to finalize a few things.

dedmiston
I think you can even crash overnight for free at the RV Museum in Elkhart if you pay to go in and tour the exhibits.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's pretty much our plan. Get our repairs/modifications done at the plant and then spend the night at Wabash. If that's not possible, shoot over to Prophitstown for a night or two and then on our way south.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

rav
Explorer
Explorer
Near by Delphi is Prophetstown State Park, the have several full hook up sites.
In Elkhart stay at the Elkhart Campground, nice staff, clean and close to everything in Elkhart.

dedmiston
We stayed at the KOA in Elkhart when we had some repairs done to our rig. It was very convenient, but the people at the KOA were very unfriendly. It's not a destination at all, but it served its purpose while we had the work done.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the info. Guess I'll have to call them as not really sure when we will get to the park. Going to Elkhart for some motorhome adjustments/addditions and not really sure when all the work will be finished, as we keep adding things to the list.
Just wondering about the odds of getting a site for a couple of days when they only have 5 available to start with. Guess I'll find out the end of March.
Thanks again for the info.

rav
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed there 2 times, very nice and clean park. Lots to see in the park with the museum and canal boat. You can walk along the canal and check out the historic buildings or even to downtown Delphi and get a really good meal and pie at the Stone House.
You will need to call for reservations. I think one of the full hook up sites is the camp hosts, the pull through was really tight for us, we had to make a 3 point turn to get into it.
Definitely go an enjoy, not sure how much covid has changed the area.