cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wapiti Campground vs Rex Hale Campgroung - NFS Cody WY

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
I am trying to decide between these two campgrounds between Cody and Yellowstone. From what I can see on the websites it's a flip of the coin between the two.

Has anybody actually Camped at one of these campgrounds? What is your choice between the two and why.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
2 REPLIES 2

texasjayco
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't stayed at these two, but would def agree that Buffalo Bill State Park is very nice. Will def stay there again next trip up there.

Mark
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS
2022 Ford F-450 Limited Diesel Dually

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
we have camped at both of them.
rex hale is more open, with less shrubbery etc to block views of the canyons walls, etc.
having elec is nice, with 50amp power.
wapiti is closed in with thick shrubbery and trees, so each campsite is more private. and it is closer to Cody, for coming and going, etc. 30amp power.
DH says the spots are smaller than rex hale, but doable.
we also stay down at Buffalo Bill State Park which is very nice, with or without elec. and after the the middle of Sept, they don't bother with reservations which are only important if you're going to be there in hot weather and need a/c.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.