cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

We just want to park a class A Motorhome in Myrtle Beach

travel_fool
Explorer
Explorer
We have reservations at a condo in Myrtle Beach in late March but we have our motorhome. Is there anywhere we can park it with electric only? We would like to have at least 30 amp air so we can run our fridge and one air conditioner (if needed).
23 REPLIES 23

travel_fool
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks skipnchar but none of the storage facilities offered electric plug ins
and we have a fridge and freezer full of food.

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
RV storage
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

jayco304
Explorer
Explorer
I recommend calling Lakewood. They have a conference center and they have power poles in the conference center lot or better yet ask for a parking spot next to the golf cart barn. They have been willing to help me in the past with short term things. Give them a call.
Please visit www.cram-a-lot-inn.com to learn more about our travel adventures.

2000 F350 7.3PSD
2010 Jayco 324BHDS Travel Trailer

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
You don't say how long you're staying. Overnight is one thing, three months is another. That said, for a SHORT TERM stay,

1. Check local ordinances about overnight parking.
2. Check with Eagles, Moose and/or Elks for accommodations.
3. Check with a nearby church to see if there is somewhere you can park and hook up elec with a "donation".

Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

weathershak
Explorer
Explorer
I would just get a site at the closest CG from the condo. It would be safer than leaving it un attended at some lot. Off season CG rates aren't bad.
Full timing it since July 2012

byrdr1
Explorer
Explorer
travelfool,
With so many campgrounds in and around MB area, about the only place you can leave a camper over night is the walmart parking lot on the south side but most only do it for one night while they wait to get into one of the 3 campgrounds on that end. I have seen them also on the north end Walmart waiting to get into Myrtle Beach Travel park or Apache CG. I know this doesn't answer your question, BUT I have never seen a spot with just electricity that wasn't a campground. Closest campground to downtown area is the KOA a block off the beach near the wooden roll-a-coaster section of MB.
They might be able to get you into a popup type site with just electric and water??
just trying to give you some options.
randy

2014 F-350 SRW CC/LWB 4X4 6.7PSD

2011 Keystone Cougar 327RES
Happy Campin'
Randy
Piedmont area of NC

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We all go to the LAKEWOOD RESORTS once a year in SEP/OCT time frame for mini-family reunion. They have Condos, VILLAs, Cabins, and camping spots in their complex...

They also have transit parking spots right in front of their main entrance but I don't think they include shore power. We always rent one of their VILLAs on the Lake and can park our POPUP trailer in front of it while we are there. I always run a drop cord from the Villa out to it to keep my batteries charged up. Not enough room for a big motorhome however...

Very nice and accommodating folks at LAKEWOOD RESORTs...

Might want to reconsider where you go next time in the Myrtle beach area...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

travel_fool
Explorer
Explorer
No, the condo said that parking lot wasn't big enough for motorhome. I'm checking some fraternal organizations that we belong to.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Isn't there a parking lot at the condominium. I don't know of many short term storage facilities that have electric available.

Good luck!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!