cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

We just want to park a class A Motorhome in Myrtle Beach

travel_fool
Explorer
Explorer
We have reservations at a condo in Myrtle Beach in late March but we have our motorhome. Is there anywhere we can park it with electric only? We would like to have at least 30 amp air so we can run our fridge and one air conditioner (if needed).
23 REPLIES 23

waltfire
Explorer
Explorer
You could try Myrtle Beach State park or Huntington Beach in Murrells inlet which ever is closer. Sites with electric and water only are about $20 per night. Maybe the cheapest option for electric.

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
Was hoping you didn't have a standard fridge, but knew some did.

If you don't mind paying the camp fee, you may want to check with KOA or other campground close to where you are staying. Not for storage, but for actual camp site. KOA is $31/night for a back in campsite. If you are willing to go by and check on the unit at least once a day, they may not be concerned with you having it there for a week without actually staying in it.

Ocean Lakes may also be willing to rent you a site for the week as long as they know you are coming by once a day to check it. Little more secure than KOA. Of course, Ocean Lakes is so busy and crowded, they probably wouldn't even know if you were staying in it or not.

Usually in mid March the campgrounds are not extremely busy and may like having the site rented for the week.

As others have said, next time look at Ocean Lakes, a place that has both Condos and campground. Then you could easily stay in the condo, keep the motorhome at the campground.

Bit expensive, but would recommend the Medevil Times dinner show. We've been several times, last few more for the food than the show.

Good luck and enjoy the family time in MB.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Ahh! OK. That makes sense! See i knew there had to be some reason for it. I just couldn't picture why!

Have a great time!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Should of rented a house or two in a place like ocean lakes. Could park your motorhome there and still be able to spend as much time with them. Having to go over to a storage place and run the gender for a few hours each day will be taking that time away from your grandkids. You are gonna have to pay for storage and it's gonna cost you gas to run the genset. I would suck it up and just go and pay and put it in a park.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

travel_fool
Explorer
Explorer
We are having a family reunion and since everyone can't stay with us for obvious reasons, it was more feasible to all rent several condos. We have 7 children scattered all over the globe that are married and we have 16 grandchildren. It wouldn't be right for us to stay separately from them and not be able to tuck the young ones in bed at night and feed them breakfast in the morning. We would also miss all the comradery of all of us being reunited for the first time in 6 years. Therefore, condos were our "smart" solution. Don't get me wrong, we love full timing ... it allows us the flexibility to travel to our children's homes and sometimes we park right in their driveways. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
OK, with all the answers and advice given here and some good advice I have one last question, why are you staying in a condo?!
Maybe that is just my non-fulltiming side of me (I do plan to full time when the time comes) maybe I`m missing something? help me out here! this is not a smart??? question, just a serious, but curious question! :B
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

travel_fool
Explorer
Explorer
Really appreciate all the great advice. Our fridge is a residential side-by-side, which doesn't use LP Also, it's chuck full of food since we are full timers. Moving all of that food for 4 days wouldn't be worth it. I have called all the parks mentioned above and they are all $30+ dollars a day and don't have any electric only sites. We will probably use kohldad's advice and use the genset and recharge it once a day. Thanks again for all your advice.

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
If it has a genset, wouldn't it be possible to visit the RV once or twice during the week for a couple hours and recharge the battery pack? Not the most convenient thing to do, but an option.

Other option would be to carry the food into the condo and use it's refrigerator. A little planning could reduce the amount that needs to be moved. Then restock after the Condo. Of course, this assumes the condo has a refrigerator.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)

Community Alumni
Not applicable
kohldad wrote:
Why can't you just run the fridge on LP?

With the cool temps, it should be able to keep all the food cold easily.

If it like mine, the batteries would run down inside of a week.

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
Why can't you just run the fridge on LP?

With the cool temps, it should be able to keep all the food cold easily.

mytime
Explorer
Explorer
Briarcliffe, in N. MB, takes Passport on week days, might be your best bet, would be FHU's.
2007 Country Coach, Allure 470, 42',ISL Cummins 400, TV- 2011 Chevy Silverado, Blackhawk and Brakemaster.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Just a thought,

I re-read your post, you will only need 15-amp for the fridge. You won't be running the ac here in March. We spend our winter's here (here now) until April 1st and we've never had to run the ac this time of year.

... Eric

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
Might check with one of the 2 Camping Worlds there but they probably don't have electric???? Or maybe one of the many other dealers ??????

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Give Don Kelly a call at Tippy Toe Repo; he may be able to help you or direct you somewhere.

http://tippytoerepo.com