cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Westwind RV resort Yuma

tinstartrvlr
Explorer
Explorer
Really get frustrated with the search function here so I'll just ask the question.

Anyone have any experience with Westwind Resort in Yuma? Good place to stay for the winter, or not?

Any input appreciated.

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
We are staying at Fortuna De Oro, but have attended several dances at Westwind. We also have dined at their restaurant. The golf course looks very nice, but tight. The restaurant, bar & patio dining area are very nice. We enjoy the dances. The park is very attractive. We have not stayed there.

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
dbbls wrote:
I would not commit to a long term stay until I tasted the water. It is very hard in that area.

That describes the water in all of Yuma

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just be ready to pay high rent during prime time!

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
We just stayed there for 4 nights.
Wouldn't go back again.

By our estimation, it's more like 75% park models.

They stuck us between two park models, that were occupied.
When we sat outside we looked directly into the neighbors living room.

Amenities were good but the tight sites and the mobile home atmosphere were too much.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
I would not commit to a long term stay until I tasted the water. It is very hard in that area.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

Carl_n_Susan
Nomad II
Nomad II
I have stayed there a few times. Yes there are park models but plenty of regular RVs. The sites are decent sized and the noise from the frontage/freeway road is barely perceptible unless you get one of the few sites next to the frontage road. The golf course is a beginner level but serviceable. It is close to shopping and other services. It is also a Passport America park that doesn't lock out the popular winter months.
Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line

tinstartrvlr
Explorer
Explorer
Read rvparkreviews and overall the reviews were not bad. I don't need a pull thru. I am about 75 yards from an interstate in the park I'm in now, and barely hear it. And the park is half park models. Don't have a problem with either.

Really more interested in the location than the park amenities, although they seem to offer an awful lot of amenities.

I was just looking for anyone who actually spent time there and could offer an opinion.

But I appreciate your taking time to respond; thanks.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
per reviews on rvparkreviews.com. Sites are not really pull-thrus. Most of the park is park models so more like a retirement community and not an rv park and it was mentioned that sites are narrow. Right next to expressway so there is traffic noise.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Sure but at $50 per night plus golf fees....and in Yuma?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad