Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to stay logged in

Oregun
Nomad
Nomad

Is there a way to stay logged in?

Right now I have to login every time I go my forum.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Oregun

Currently, the community has a logout session time of 200 minutes. If you close your browser this will reset. We are actively working to extend this time even further. 

We will keep you posted as we make progress on this. 

Thanks,

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MastEvac71
Nomad
Nomad

I learned on all my forums and FB post to make a copy of a my long post and/or reply just in case I loose the ability to submit before replying like your situation.  Have now trained myself to check if I am signed in before attempting a reply or post.  It is a slight hassle2014 dodge ram perkins (1).jpg but saves me upset.

Bill Perkins with royal thai border police and Bell 206L helicopter in Thailand Resized - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II

For those of us who like to read but don't post frequently it's a pain.  Sure, you can read posts without logging in but then you lose the ability to see what you've already read.  Not that that works well anyway since it only shows you what topics have new content but doesn't seem to take you to the actual first unread reply.

If I want to post, read pm's or change my profile I get having to re-sign in.  For mostly read-only users it's an undue burden.

MastEvac71
Nomad
Nomad

Signing back in is easy for me.  I just click on the dark green sign in button near top of page  and do not have to reenter my PW or username.  This is true for my 3 different browsers.

Perkins Texas Purple heart plates cropped or clipped - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.JPG

are you loging in through the good sam button or the rv net user button?

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

I am signing in with the Goodsam button.  Have not tried the RV.Net button yet.Bills Dodge Rams and Travel Trailer (14) - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Oregun

Currently, the community has a logout session time of 200 minutes. If you close your browser this will reset. We are actively working to extend this time even further. 

We will keep you posted as we make progress on this. 

Thanks,

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966

The old site didn't log you out for days, maybe even weeks. Maybe that is a bit extreme but here is the problem... The site shows a "Reply" button and field whether you are logged in our not. I'm not thinking about whether I'm logged in so I type up a nice reply and then click the button to submit it only to be taken to a login screen. I LOSE EVERYTHING I WROTE!!! This has happened several times. I would suggest to extend the login period to a least several days (this isn't a banking website, 200 minutes is crazy) and also disable the reply field unless a user is actually logged in so they don't lose what they wrote.

1999 F350 Dually with 7.3 Diesel
2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

For security reasons (hacking) most sites are requiring people to sign out, or the site will sign you out after a certain amount of time. 

I had not signed out from RV.Net for years.

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29