cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II

It finally happened. For years many of us have been waiting for this site to get fixed. Well, it got fixed so well that the vast majority of those with the knowledge that is needed on a site like this will not be here anymore. The site was fixed just the way the magazine was. Now both the site and the magazine will be read and populated only by a population that was born after 1990. Good luck to them as they will now have to rely on each other's guesses to fix or improve their units. 
 The up side to all of this is that the good RV forums will get an influx of good people that will still help people with their issues because those sites realize that forums are for the exchange of information and not a feel good place. 
 I see the future of this site going down an awful road as the next step will probably be to go woke and decide which types of units are "acceptable" and which ones are not. 
 No matter what happens, this is NOT an RV site anymore, it is facebook with a sewer hookup.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member
17 REPLIES 17

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi QCMan - we hope that we can continue to improve the community groups and forum to earn your participation in the future. We have a team of individuals taking this feedback and implementing it quickly - some things can go faster than others. If you have any specific feedback, please let us know.

The platform we have moved to helps us act quickly in support of you. Thank you in advance for the feedback to get better.

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966

Community Alumni
Not applicable

I think I am in the same boat as you, this has been nothing but three days of frustration trying to navigate around this.  plus one of the main reasons I was here "truck camper forum" is gone, so I can get everything and more from the "keystone forum" than I can here now, since neither have a section for truck campers.   

this is more of a blog site now instead of a forum.

Hi stircrazy1 - we have started a truck camper group and are working through migrating posts to that group related to truck campers. Thank you for your feedback here. Find the Truck Camper Group here.

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II

Don't know what "facebook" you're using but this site is NOTHING like the facebook I'm familiar with... 

I'm sure the site admins expected some level of old pharty "I don't like change" turnover. So, do what you feel you must. 

But again this wasn't change for the sake of change. The old site was broken and falling apart, full of bugs and security vulnerabilities. Any little hiccup and it all would have been gone forever. The people that built it are long gone. There was no choice but to start fresh. 

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Thank you for your thoughts - if there is anything specific that we can change, improve, or guide you to in the new community website please let us know. We will work to help you.

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III

I'm getting used to it slowly..  I had to reset my password again after being on here yesterday, but no big deal..  I'll give it a shot and at least we can "Like" posts now..  There were a lot of times on the old rv.net that I really liked a post, but didn't really need to add another post just to say that.  Anyway, I even figured out how to bookmark it! ha, ha.. 🙂

Oh, to the Admins.. The users "Signatures" need to be placed lower in posts.  At least in a new paragraph.  Right now they look like it's part of the reply or post.  

Mitch

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad

Missing some of the categories that were in the old forum such as Technology Corner, Technical Issues, etc.  Many categories were function based while all of the categories here are either platform based (type of camper) activity based or location based.  Many times I would come into the forum with a specific problem like "why won't my hot water heater operate on gas", etc.  These are issues that occur on all types of campers and should be organized in a way for all to see the topics.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

Hi @djsamuel! The Technology Corner & Technical Issues forum posts from RV.net were transferred to RV Must Haves and Technical Issues forums respectively, both under the Everything RV category on the new Community! 

Is there another forum or group that you would like to see us add? Thanks for your feedback!

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966

Thanks!  I totally missed the "Everything RV" dropdown even though it was right there.  I'm used to seeing all categories in one listing and only looked under the Groups dropdown.  This is different from any other forum I'm on and will take time to get used to it.  Perhaps both the Groups and Everything RV Dropdowns should be in under a "Categories" heading (or something like that) to make it less likely anybody (like me :D) will miss it.  As the forum grows, you may want to create subcategories like Tow Vehicles, Electrical, Heating and Cooling, Slideouts, etc. 

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

dedmiston

Hey QCMan - I hope that the site grows on you after a few days. It definitely feels "different" to me too, but I think I'll get used to it.

You've been with us as long as I can remember and it would be a shame to lose you. I selfishly hope that you stick around.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

joerg68
Nomad II
Nomad II

There is a setting in your user data (see screenshot) that automatically subscribes you to topics in which you have posted. It was checked by default for my user - and I got an email notification about your post.

IMG_2549.jpeg

2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

wenglish
Explorer
Explorer

Facebook with a sewer hookup 😄

I searched this page for the magic words "subscribe", "watch", and "follow". None of them appear, which means I can't subscribe to a thread of interest. That alone will stop me from bothering.

Maybe there's another synonym I should have searched for. Or perhaps a cutesy icon that somehow conveys the same meaning (to allow me to get email follow-ups).

Edit: after posting I noticed the vertical ellipsis menu which had "Subscribe" in it. Doing so resulted in an authentication error in a big red banner. But it appears to have subscribed me (but didn't ask me how I want to be notified, 

I also noticed you can't filter a thread to show the most recent - at also throws an authentication error. Just personal opinion, I preferred revisiting a topic/thread and NOT having to scroll, click, scroll, click, etc., etc., just to get past everything I had already read in order to see the newest posts. The functionality is obviously there, just needs some obvious fixing.

2021 Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen 24RLHL: 810-825# TW, ~7500# GVW
2020 F-250 XLT Super Duty SRW: 7.3 V8 gasser, 3.55, 10spd

Hey Cybergrunt, 

If you look under the original user's post there is an option to sort by "Oldest to Newest" or "Newest to Oldest". This should allow you to view the newest comments first! Is this something you would prefer the default to be set to "Newest to Oldest"? 

We are aware of the Authentication Error and currently working to fix it. Thank you again for letting us know and being patient with us! 

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966