cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barker Automatic valve openers

I am looking to replace the gawd awful cable valve openers on my fifth wheel… I am still not sure if I wanna go electric, or stick with cable…

And there should be no argument here about using regular pin actuator, my valves are in the middle of the RV under the coroplast so I need cable, or electric..

Saw these and they looked to have decent reviews- Barker Auto Valves
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet
10 REPLIES 10

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah, if mine were binding and hard to pull, I'd probably be looking too.

Gotta admit they do have a certain amount of geeky appeal. 🙂
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

fj12ryder wrote:
For $300 I think I'll stick to easy and simple. 🙂 And spend the extra money on fuel.

I'm leaning that way..... BUT. fuel for my liver ! just tired of the old, push/pull cables binding
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
For $300 I think I'll stick to easy and simple. 🙂 And spend the extra money on fuel.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

bobm253
Explorer
Explorer
Installed the Barker valves on both gray and black valves. They were easy to install and work great. I mounted the switches in the nearest compartment. Makes dumping that much easier and efficient. No need to bend/kneel down to reach the gray or black valve. Nice upgrade for the money.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
ford truck guy wrote:
gbopp wrote:
Do they come with a remote control so you can dump the tanks while rolling down the interstate :@

They do, but only works here in PA ! ??

Dave Matthews would disagree with you!

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
I changed mine to Barker electric 8 years ago, would never have cable operated again
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

fj12ryder wrote:
Personally I go with the KISS concept, so I'd stick with cable. JMO of course.

Thats my way of thinking as well… I’m definitely “old school” … but been looking for “EASIER” but not at the expense of reliability .
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

gbopp wrote:
Do they come with a remote control so you can dump the tanks while rolling down the interstate :@

They do, but only works here in PA ! ??
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Personally I go with the KISS concept, so I'd stick with cable. JMO of course.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"