cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barker sewage tank mounted

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
This is my Christmas present! These were on sale for Black Friday so I asked for the biggest one! But the 42 gallons size is huge and too big for me to lift. The measurements say 24” wide but it’s actually 27” with the pneumatic tires.
I wanted to put it in the basement but even the next smaller size at 32 gallons was 27” wide. I thought about mounting it on a hitch rack but did not want it in the way of the rear door. So I found a bumper mount. I ordered the Camco Mount even though there are cheaper versions and I’m happy with the sturdiness.

The bottom plates are 1/4” steel. I have a bolted on 1/4” steel bumper that was installed by the previous owner. It’s really tough.

I have been RVing for years and never needed one of these but we always took shorter trips and we are planning to take longer ones this year. Plus we will be parked for two full weeks and don’t want to break down to dump. So splurge!
2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021
10 REPLIES 10

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
EMD360 wrote:
We plan to be out about 4 weeks. Will be parked at least 2 weeks at a single spot that is why I don't want to move the RV. We are even renting a car there. We have never camped two weeks in one park. So I may be over thinking the need for waste. Lots of people have these tanks and they seem to use them in cases like this.

You've got the right idea. Your black tank could last the full 2 weeks.
DEpending on size of tank. But it's unlikely your grey will go more than a few days depending on conservation.
Either way have a large tote allows you 2 dump whenever required without breaking camp.
More than once I have brought tote along and not needed it, but it provides peace f mind to have it along.
No need to worry if/when tanks are getting full.
No need to conserve unless you want to.
Having the tote means that if you have ample fresh water you will always have the ability to dump waste water as required.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
We plan to be out about 4 weeks. Will be parked at least 2 weeks at a single spot that is why I don't want to move the RV. We are even renting a car there. We have never camped two weeks in one park. So I may be over thinking the need for waste. Lots of people have these tanks and they seem to use them in cases like this.

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
EMD360 wrote:
Gray is 26 gal. Black is 21. So 45 gallon made the most sense but I could not handle it myself.

It'll take a while to fill up your black tank. How long do you usually stay out camping?
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck with it, I wish I got a better one. I think I have a camco one, used 1 time. Got for a trip last minute and was the only one I could get. Those are supost to be top on the line. I have a 15 or so gallon one when I had the pop up. It was well used and never a problem. Add some paper plates into the mix, hopefully a confet statuon for showers, and depending on how long your stay is, dump some gray in the black tank. Lol. You'll get it. Good luck with it!
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
Gray is 26 gal. Black is 21. So 45 gallon made the most sense but I could not handle it myself.

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
How large is your current gray water tank now?
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
At 47 pounds dry plus the rack on your rear bumper and without reinforcement, I’d be concerned.

I had to return the 47 lb tank. I could not lift it! I bought the 32 gallon size that weighs 37 lbs. The bumper is custom. The PO told me when they replaced it the shop told them it was better and cheaper if they built a steel one. It is very heavy duty and bolted on securely. So I’m not concerned. Except I need to get weighed for our trip. I don’t want to overload the chassis. It’s probably easy to do with the huge basement in this rig.

soon2bexpat
Explorer
Explorer
I'm getting that bumper rack, too. I'm at Imperial Dam LTVA for the winter, so got a 28 gal Camco, since my tanks are 25 gal each. Grey lasts a week, black 2 weeks. Much easier than breaking down camp and towing the trailer over.
Kodachrome Time Machine, my vintage photo collection from the 1940s to the 1970s: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCff0z54NyAfuAjUST896l6g

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
At 47 pounds dry plus the rack on your rear bumper and without reinforcement, I’d be concerned.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
You may now, **** in peace.