cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Black Waste Tank Bypass

thesarge7
Explorer
Explorer
I am stationary in my 5th wheel for a long period of time, and I was tired of dumping my tank all the time. I did not want to get rid of the tank, just in case. So I found the solution. I bought a Bull Run Diverter Valve . This allows me to select where I want the waste to go. I can use the tank, or I can divert the waste and go directly into the sewer line.
It works fine. It takes up a little space in the basement, but worth it not having to worry about dumping all the time. The tank is kept partially full with clean water and chemicals.

[img][/img]

9 REPLIES 9

AlMattiucci1180
Explorer
Explorer

That is great! Do you have to use a residential toilet?

I hope you get a response but this post is 8 years old and the OP hasn't had any posts since.

2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

thedoghouse
Explorer
Explorer
Really like the mod. Great work
2008 Holiday Rambler Presidential Suite 36 RLT
2011 Ford F350 CC DRW B&W Companion

thesarge7
Explorer
Explorer
Yes. The valve is before the tank. And, I made sure that the tank has water and chemicals in it. It can still be used at any time. All I have to do is turn the switch, and whala, it will flush out like it used to.

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer
My only concern would be buildup in the black water tank itself.

Oh wait, you installed the divertor prior to the black tank, right? Never mind, then. ๐Ÿ™‚
Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow

thesarge7
Explorer
Explorer
Ah yes, Venting. I tied my sewer pipe into my pre-existing vent pipes. Also, the grey water tanks are always left open and running, which is also tied into the sewer pipe, like it was before. There is venting there as well.
As for the 90 degree angle fitting, no problem. I assumed that since the bull run valve was originally made for outdoor septic systems, it should work for my system. The bull run was made to be installed underground & horizontally. So, I figured that by placing the valve vertically, I would get a better and stronger flow.
Like I said. All works great. No smell, no gases and all poop runs downhill!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Hoping that the idea may work for someone else.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I was just thinking that that 90 degree fitting is awfully tight. I would have used a more gradual angle.

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
Just a thought. Many newer parks use your tank vent for venting the sewer lateral at your site. Park gases may want to come up your toilet when you flush. You may not have any issues, but if you get more than normal odors, it could be the venting situation.

thesarge7
Explorer
Explorer
I am trying to post another photo;