cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Blinds: corded vs cordless?

GMH
Explorer
Explorer
We are about to replace the factory pleated blinds in our 2010 Cougar 5th wheel. We have gotten 4 quotes and I thought I asked for the same cordless spring loaded old style roller blinds from everyone. We were about to order them from the lowest bidder (not that it was the most important factor) but then he said they were corded and they were cheaper than cordless. I had thought the opposite would be true, but now it makes sense. Has anyone had any bad experiences with either style?
Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

full-timer
Explorer
Explorer
By raising them up no noise while traveling.
An Indian and a Gypsy

Joe and Nancy
2002 34 foot Georgetown double slide Ford V-10
towing 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4 Down

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
Instead of custom sizing, we bought cordless from HD - good quality, price, and they work nicely. They stay open when driving for better views, and since we didn't attach at the bottom to add flexibilty when closed.
By going a bit past the window edge on each side, it adds privacy when they're down and no concerns when they're up. We removed the valence boxes rather than update their material.
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

NOBLNG
Explorer
Explorer
full-timer wrote:
We've had both kind, but like the corded the best.
Bought the with to fit then I cut the length to fit instead of having the extra weight hanging at the bottom.
We find its better to raise then all the way up to travel.

What do you find better about leaving them up? I was concerned about the cordless ones rolling up while travelling and figured I could secure them with velcro on the bottom edge. The corded ones should not move no matter what position they are left in, correct? Thx.

full-timer
Explorer
Explorer
We've had both kind, but like the corded the best.
Bought the with to fit then I cut the length to fit instead of having the extra weight hanging at the bottom.
We find its better to raise then all the way up to travel.
An Indian and a Gypsy

Joe and Nancy
2002 34 foot Georgetown double slide Ford V-10
towing 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4 Down