cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Exterior TV Wall Mount

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
I want to install a exterior TV mount to my Toy Hauler. My Rig is aluminum sided and I have not been able to locate the wall studs in the location where I want the TV.
I am thinking of mounting the mount to the Frige vent panel. The mount is flush mount and does not swing out. The TV weighs about 15 lbs
What do you think?
https://imgur.com/AxFXCZi
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.
6 REPLIES 6

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
After giving it some thought for sometime. Some concern over heat that my vent through refrigerator vent. So, I conducted a test. I ran the fridge on propane for 3 hours. I tested the temp at the vent and the exterior trailer wall 6 feet away and there was no difference.

I mounted the TV mount to the plastic refrigerator vent with 1/4" bolts and 1" fender washers.

There is a outlet behind the vent that the refrigerator plugs into. I turned it into a double outlet and can plug the TV in there.

There is 4" of air space between the TV and the Vent I found a 32" TV that only weighs 9 1/2 lbs. Obviously the TV will be removed when towing. It works great!!! I should have done it sooner.
I can't get pictures to post so you will have to use the link

https://i.imgur.com/y0xkiT4.jpg
Note: Moderator edit to fix picture link.
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.

maxum1989
Explorer
Explorer
I had a tv mount on my fridge vent for many years. It worked great. No need to put extra holes through the walls, there are already enough.
2008 Chevy 2500hd Duramax/Allison
2006 Wildcat 27 bhwb
2009 Lance 830 *Sold*
2011 Northern Lite 8.5 *Sold*

richardcoxid
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on the size of your storage door, if it is hinged from the top and opens vertically, construction of the storage door, size of TV etc have you considered mounting it to the inside of the storage door upside down. That way open the door and there is your TV all set up, close the door and it is hidden and secure.

Possibly you would have to โ€œbeefโ€ up the door by adding a 1x4 from side to side and secure the TV to that.
2017 GMC Denali 3500 4x4 Duramax
2019 Outdoor RV (ORV) Timber Ridge 24RKS

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
JoeH wrote:
One of neighbors sells a product that may be what you need. Go Stik Mount

Or you could go to HFT and buy the parts necessary to build your own for less than $50.00.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I always liked the idea of installing the outside TV to a swing out mount just inisde the basement storage door wall...

I already use a TV SPLITTER transformer for when I hook up to the camp ground Cable TV connection. One connection goes to the CABLE TV port on my OFF-ROAD POPUP Trailer and the second connection goes to a RG Cable that is thrown under the Trailer where I can use it for a TV hookup in the patio area.

If I had the TV SWING OUT arm then this second RG cable would go into the basement storage area with the RG cable just laying in the rubber seal area of the door... This would not do any harm to the RG cable at all. WALMART always has a bunch of the TV WALL MOUNTs in the TV section of the store or you could get one from AMAZOM...

Google images

The selling point for me is that one could swing the outside TV into the storage area rather easy and close the storage area outside door for security if you had to walk away from the patio area... Having to hookup a outside TV to a WALL MOUNT of some kind everytime might end up being a lot of extra work for you... Just open the storage bay door and swing it out... I guess one downside to doing this is you will have an opened storage bay door to look at as well... Who knows what is stored inside one of these hehe...

I have to disconnect our current patio TV set when we need to walk away from our trailer and usually stow just inside the POPUP trailer door way.

Just my thoughts...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
One of neighbors sells a product that may be what you need. Go Stik Mount
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard