cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fuse panel locate

NPoppe3
Explorer II
Explorer II

I recently purchased a 2004 Prowler 255rlds, most things work fine and I’ve resealed the roofline to prevent any further leaks. Problem now is that I cannot for the life of me find a fuse panel or breaker box anywhere on this unit. There is some intermittent electrical cutoff issues that I believe are originating from the power cord itself although I also haven’t figured out how to access the 30A cord “source” without completely removing a side panel and then the storage box….. 

so questions to make this easier: 

1: where is the basic fuse panel located? 
2: how do I access/replace the shore power 30A cord?

thank you all!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NPoppe3
Explorer II
Explorer II

Good news and thank you for all the previous suggestions! So after the last few responses I decided to pull every drawer out and recheck every cabinet, nook, and cranny possible. The guy I bought this trailer from buys and sells old campers and had no clue what I was looking at, lol!
Come to find out, there is a small cabinet about the dimensions of a breaker panel located above the head. Couldn’t trace the wiring without removing the underbelly, but the shore power comes in on the drivers side bottom and the cabinet is passenger side ceiling area. 

so hopefully this helps anyone else, 2004 Prowler 255RLDS, breaker panel and fuses are above the toilet in a cabinet with no handle.  Good luck and safe travels everyone! 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

NPoppe3
Explorer II
Explorer II

Good news and thank you for all the previous suggestions! So after the last few responses I decided to pull every drawer out and recheck every cabinet, nook, and cranny possible. The guy I bought this trailer from buys and sells old campers and had no clue what I was looking at, lol!
Come to find out, there is a small cabinet about the dimensions of a breaker panel located above the head. Couldn’t trace the wiring without removing the underbelly, but the shore power comes in on the drivers side bottom and the cabinet is passenger side ceiling area. 

so hopefully this helps anyone else, 2004 Prowler 255RLDS, breaker panel and fuses are above the toilet in a cabinet with no handle.  Good luck and safe travels everyone! 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know you found it. Out of curiosity I went back into one of the videos I found to look again. Is the below picture the cabinet you're talking about? I saw that originally but somehow I thought it was one of those mini hotel room safes. 🙄

opnspaces_1-1704320195646.png

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

Did you contact the previous owner, or company you purchased your 5th-wheel? 

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator

Wherever it is it should be readily accessible and you should not have to climb into a hole to access it. It doesn't make sense to be outside but have you looked in all the outside cabinets where the Shore Power comes in?  I don't have the videos up anymore but is there possibly a drawer just inside the trailer on the other side of the wall from from the power cord? If so try removing the drawer and see if you can see the back of the power cable. You might be able to see where it goes or at least which way it turns after it comes into the trailer.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

NPoppe3
Explorer II
Explorer II

I lightly pulled on the stair headed to the bedroom but may try to access that space soon as there appears to be some dead space there. 
the bed does lift but nothing inside and just an open storage below the bed/bed storage. 
“Cold air return” I’ve already looked inside and it’s access to the power converter and slide relays. Would make sense to be fuses in there but I cannot see any with all the duct work and not able to fit my shoulders through the hole!! lol 

great ideas, keep them coming! I’ll update when I figure this out

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator

Another thought, does the first step up the bedroom lift up?

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

Does the bed lift up and is it possibly located there? 

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator

I looked at a few videos online and I see what you mean, it's not there. The only thing I can suggest is to look closely inside and out near where the shore power cord connects outside. I would guess that the manufacturer did not waste any extra money running the shore power cord any further than they had to. Look in all the low cabinets just in front of you to the right of the dinette as you are walking in. Also just to the left of the bedroom steps is what looks like it might be a cold air return. But look it over and see if it's maybe a false front with the breakers behind it.