cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know what kind of heating is in the caravan?

kaileybutler052
Explorer
Explorer
Dear, please tell me how to understand from the description, what heating system is in dachlüftung camper: liquid or air? Here they write in the description: "central heat", how should this be understood? As I understand it, if it says "Truma", then it is air?
2 REPLIES 2

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
kaileybutler052 wrote:
Dear, please tell me how to understand from the description, what heating system is in the caravan: liquid or air? Here they write in the description: "central heat", how should this be understood? As I understand it, if it says "Truma", then it is air?

It sounds like a Truma Alde system. That is a hydronic heat and hot water system. A propane burner and/or electric element heats glycol which is then circulated through a series of heat registers in the trailer. Dry quiet, super efficient. It’s a common system on higher end trailers. They have excellent reputations.

Hope that helps.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Truma makes tankless water heaters. The main heating systems in RVs are LP/Propane furnaces. The heat source is the LP and the fan and thermostat operate on 12VDC from the battery.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015