Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mounted LED patio lights

Playtime_II
Explorer
Explorer
Latest project...

Moderator edit to re-size picture to forum limit of 640px maximum size.

Playtime IV
2006 HR Scepter 42DSQ
4 REPLIES 4

MontanaCamper
Explorer
Explorer
LEDs don't like over 12V?? Mine do, least never had a problem with them.

great install by the way!!
'07 301BHS FOR SALE
'07 Dodge 2500 w/5.9L SOLD
'96 wife
4 dogs
2 cats
10 rc's

Been pulling a trailer for 16 years
2013 camping nights: 16
2014 camping nights: 28!! Then tranny went out........

Playtime_II
Explorer
Explorer
Moderator: Thanks, I could not figure out how to edit the size once posted.

WHY: Yes. The porch light is great for the entrance but not so for sitting under the awning. I wanted the lights for when the awning was in or out (same for the slide). I also wanted a location that afforded the string a little protection (the strip is right under the seam of the slide frame. I hope any moisture will drip over and not behind the LEDs causing future adhesion failure. I also wanted an easy way for power. I drilled through carefully to ensure I ended up at an accessible spot inside. It turns out I had to remove the "fake" cabinet side wall which revealed the penetration I made. I opted to place the power adapter and signal block in the cabinet (command stripped to wall). I wanted to be able to use 110v as LEDs do not like voltage above 12v. I left the cord intact so I can plug the unit into an outlet on the underside of the cabinet. I can look and see that it is or not plugged in. I have too many other "things" that are OFF but still drawing power.

HOW: The first 6" and the last 6" are held down with black silicon. I had to tape it in place while it cured but I believe if the 3M tape is to fail, it would be on the ends. As for the remote sensor, I spliced in an 18" extension so I could run the sensor into the coach. Unfortunately the LEDs and my TV's sound bar have similar signals. I re-routed the LED sensor behind the window valance and shade rollers then taped the sensor head to the glass. This is a temporary set up to see if the remote works from the outside and doesn't conflict with the sound bar. So far, so good.

I haven't gotten tired of playing with the color combinations and changes yet. The slow 7-color fade seems to be the most interesting to me. FYI, with the awning in and the LEDs on White or Lt Blue they are bright. Probably annoying to the neighbor so I used the remote to dim them down after 8PM.
Playtime IV
2006 HR Scepter 42DSQ

Corkey05
Explorer
Explorer
I would love to see the "how" .. my slides are the same as yours. I imagine the "why" is because the slide shades the OEM porch light leaving light only at the entrance door. I have the same issue and have been struggling with how to light the patio area like you have.

BTW ... neat and clean installation. ๐Ÿ™‚
2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292

Playtime_II
Explorer
Explorer
Drafted long story of how and why but RV.NET kept freezing so after several tries..gave up.
Playtime IV
2006 HR Scepter 42DSQ