Made with 1" PVC Pipe and a Ratchet Strap
Equals approximately 20 linear feet

12 REPLIES 12

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
I bet those clothes dry pretty fast at freeway speeds! ๐Ÿ˜‰

(Good design, by the way.)
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

wiskeyVI
Explorer
Explorer
I like it.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:
I bought this one as well, and did the same mod to the top line, replacing it with a pvc pipe with a wooden dowel inserted inside for rigidity. Hanging clothes/towels on the top rung was OK, but the other rope lines sagged under the weight of wet towels - notice he's only using the top rung. Yes - no matter how tight you made it, the other lines were almost useless.

Not true at all, that pic was taken when we happened by coincidence to have towels hanging just off the top rung, usually we have wet bathing suits, towels, whatever hanging off the rope as well. Works just fine - if it didn't I'd have replaced all the rope with rigid pipe but it wasn't necessary. :B
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
Innovative, but strikes me as cumbersome compared to this RV Bumper Mounted Clothesline I bought at Camping World years ago and is still sold these days. I've used mine on trailers with the spare tire mounted on the bumper, trailers with a large bike door on the rear wall, no problem. For travel the two poles simply roll up with the rope and live in the front pass through storage compartment. :B

I bought this one as well, and did the same mod to the top line, replacing it with a pvc pipe with a wooden dowel inserted inside for rigidity. Hanging clothes/towels on the top rung was OK, but the other rope lines sagged under the weight of wet towels - notice he's only using the top rung. Yes - no matter how tight you made it, the other lines were almost useless.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
beemerphile1 wrote:

That's gonna require some mighty big clothespins. :B

Clothes line wasn't invented for nothing. Unsightly and getting in the way, but works well ๐Ÿ™‚

Not applicable
very nice!!!
Me
DW
DS
DS
Oscar
Buddyboy

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
lclevel wrote:
Made with 1" PVC Pipe...

That's gonna require some mighty big clothespins. :B
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Explorer II
Explorer II
PatrickA51 wrote:
gbopp wrote:
Nice. Simple, light and effective.. Thanks.
X2
Looks good.:B
X3
Love it. I'm going to make a smaller version
Thanks for sharing.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

PatrickA51
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
Innovative, but strikes me as cumbersome compared to this RV Bumper Mounted Clothesline I bought at Camping World years ago and is still sold these days. I've used mine on trailers with the spare tire mounted on the bumper, trailers with a large bike door on the rear wall, no problem. For travel the two poles simply roll up with the rope and live in the front pass through storage compartment. :B

Looks good too!

PatrickA51
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:

X2
Looks good.:B

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer