cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need mod to do.

Muddydogs
Explorer
Explorer
Guess I turned into a mod junky with nothing to do as I check this forum about once a day to see if anyone posted up something cool I would want to do but alas nothing yet. Guess i'm about done playing with the camper.

So far I have installed solar, inverter with dedicated plugs, sewer hose fence post tube, shelves in both bedroom closets, numerous 3M hooks, horizontal shelf dividers in all cupboards, motion sensor porch light, electric tongue jack, fridge freezer temp sensors and I'm sure other stuff I forgot.

About the only thing left I want to do is put in a positive and negative bus bar behind the battery so I can get rid of most of the battery cables hooked to the batterys.

Guess I will just have to go camping.
2015 Eclipse Iconic Toy Hauler made by Eclipse Manufacturing which is a pile of junk. If you want to know more just ask and I'll tell you about cracked frames, loose tin, walls falling off, bad holding tanks and very poor customer service.
31 REPLIES 31

Muddydogs
Explorer
Explorer
DrewE wrote:
If you run out of mods, does that maybe mean that it's time to think about some maintenance? How's the Dicor on the roof looking? Does the awning need a good scrubbing? Is there any paint on the steps or somewhere that needs touching up?

Ohโ€”if for some reason you don't have vent covers yet, get some and put them on.

Trailer is a year old in August so everything is good. I checked the roof over this spring when I installed solar, packed the wheel bearings in March as well. Awning got scrubbed down last trip out as the trip before I rolled up a whole herd of bugs one night down in AZ when the wind came up and I put it away quickly.
2015 Eclipse Iconic Toy Hauler made by Eclipse Manufacturing which is a pile of junk. If you want to know more just ask and I'll tell you about cracked frames, loose tin, walls falling off, bad holding tanks and very poor customer service.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
If you run out of mods, does that maybe mean that it's time to think about some maintenance? How's the Dicor on the roof looking? Does the awning need a good scrubbing? Is there any paint on the steps or somewhere that needs touching up?

Ohโ€”if for some reason you don't have vent covers yet, get some and put them on.

Muddydogs
Explorer
Explorer
tenbear wrote:
The sparker for the stove I was thinking of is one you just push a button and the sparks are produced. DW loves it.

Mine is the turn the knob type. Works good for now but I will keep the push button in mind when I need a replacement.

This all makes me wonder about the guys that are always trading to a new trailer, either they like to mod or they don't do anything. At this point I have enough time and money in my rig that I will probably run it until the box falls off the frame.

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
How about a rear bumper clothes line. I made on for mine and the wife loves it.
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

rvharry
Explorer
Explorer
Muddydogs,

I have the same problem, I just can't keep up with mods I find each week that I like and order or buy parts for, I am about 6 weeks behind
mods, wish I was retired, might catch up.

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
The sparker for the stove I was thinking of is one you just push a button and the sparks are produced. DW loves it.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

Muddydogs
Explorer
Explorer
tenbear wrote:
How about a back-up camera, storage drawers in the dinette seats, kitchen counter extension, electronic sparker for the oven, LED lights and Oxygenics shower head?

Forgot that one, backup camera on truck and trailer. Plus I have installed a volt meter, fishing pole holder, 2 12 volt plugs.

Trailer is a toy hauler so all I have is overhead cupboards.

Stove came with sparker, led's light from factory also.

I do have on out as one buddy wants to do solar and another just wants an inverter and both asked me to help. What could be better than watching others spend money and poke hole it there trailer.

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
mrgreetis wrote:
Dakota, nice recycling of a C-pap hose.

You caught that, didn't ya. It works great.
I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
How about a back-up camera, storage drawers in the dinette seats, kitchen counter extension, electronic sparker for the oven, LED lights and Oxygenics shower head?
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

mrgreetis
Explorer
Explorer
Dakota, nice recycling of a C-pap hose.

Muddydogs
Explorer
Explorer
Some cool mods SoundGuy. I do need to put a entry door assist handle on my trailer so when I am around my parents they can get into my unit easier.

Muddydogs
Explorer
Explorer
Got the digital thermostat with hi lo fan.

Very cool jug shelf but I have a 12 volt pump as well as an extra long hose on my water pump winterizing cross over kit so if its cold and my water lines freeze up I can pump out of a jug inside the trailer. I still might do your self mod as its a great idea.

I'm still on the fence with the led strip lights, can't decide if I want them or if they would be more of a hassle then there worth.

Empty_Nest__Soo
Explorer
Explorer
Dakota98 wrote:
Ok, Here's one for you. Pretty handy when dry camping. I no longer have to hold the 5 gallon water jugs while filling the fresh tank. Removable shelf that folds up & goes into storage,

I did something like that when we had the TT, except mine was supported by an old broom/mop handle under the platform. Almost too simple.

Wayne
Wayne & Michelle

1997 Safari Sahara 3540

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
LED strip under the awning?
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, Here's one for you. Pretty handy when dry camping. I no longer have to hold the 5 gallon water jugs while filling the fresh tank. Removable shelf that folds up & goes into storage,

I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74