cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing day/night shades with blinds

Jq1953
Explorer
Explorer
I have hated my day/night shades since we purchased our coach last year and have been hesitant to try and replace them. Boy was I wrong.
I ordered Bali brand shades from Lowes and they installed very easily. Cost was about $50.00 per shade-I bought metal blinds. They and work great. They came in the color to match the blind in the kitchen ( wheat color ). Replaced four in about one hour.
9 REPLIES 9

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
I have been restringing Our D/N Blinds over the last few weeks! They are very easy to do after You figure out how to unclip them and work much better than any Of those Stupid Venetian mini blinds!
I can see why some folks replace them as it does take a bit of patience to figure out how they are supposed to work!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
And with blinds you can open a window and still get some ventilation. Changed mine years ago.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
We changed out the day-night with soft blinds custom ordered through Lowes.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I changed one out in a motor home at the dinette booth and it really turned out nice. No rattling going down the road. Recently I changed out the two bedroom
Day/night shades with metal Levelor mini blinds from Lowes, in my fiver. They cut to fit.

What an improvement. The plastic mini blinds do not hold up good and with lights on, you can see shadows inside. The metal ones are much better.

full-timer
Explorer
Explorer
I change the day/night shades to mini blinds a year ago and wish I had done it years ago. As far as noise goes we raise them up all the way and have no noise.
An Indian and a Gypsy

Joe and Nancy
2002 34 foot Georgetown double slide Ford V-10
towing 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4 Down

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like blinds but the wife doesn't want to have to clean them. I know day nights get dusty too, but it doesn't show as bad.

Home_on_Wheels
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced our day/night shades with Room Darkening Shades. Easy to clean and you have your privacy.

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
I've had trailers with both, and I like the day/night shades better. Blinds usually don't provide full privacy, unless you also have curtains. And I REALLY hate curtains.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

JnJnKatiebug
Explorer
Explorer
What kind of RV do you have? That would work great in a trailer. I would not want blinds in a motorhome. They really make a lot of noise going down the road.
2016 Chevy Tahoe
2017 Flagstaff 26FKWS
(Picture in profile)

"The best things in life are the people you love, the places you've seen,
and the memories you've made along the way".