cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

replacing table

chib
Explorer
Explorer
The dinette area has a table, but to create bed space, that table has to be lifted out of the two metal cylinders that support it. It is then placed to form the bottom side of the bed between the two benches. The weight of the table is horrible and it takes two people to lift it. I often go camping solo and would like an idea of what kind of replacement feature could be used instead of the one described. Possibly an automated lowering device or something?
9 REPLIES 9

engr4fun
Explorer
Explorer
I would suggest you look at the Cass Hudson Dream Dinette:

https://casshudson.com/collections/rv-products/products/classic-dream-dinette

I have installed two of these. One in my past RV and one in my current rig.

Very easy install and works with little effort.
Weldon Crew
John,Myra,Evan,Eric+MIL+3dogs
2013 Tiffin Allegro RED 38QBA Cummins ISB6.7
Weekends+Any Chance We Get

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
There are several different types of table mounts now that keep the table attached to the wall (one of which is in ndrorder's post above).
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

marty1300
Explorer
Explorer
The particle board with laminate does get heavy. We made one out of pine with a nice stain and polyurethane finish. Even put the cup holders in it. You can buy some premade at the home improvement stores and modify to fit
Marty

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I saw a video a while back that may be something that would work,I even thought about it for myself.

Click here for video

Here is the unit
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

ndrorder
Explorer
Explorer
The rv table hinge bracket on this page and the adjustable table leg will put half the weight of the table on the wall. It just depends if the table can be screwed into.

https://www.rvpartscountry.com/RV-Table-Supports_c_273-2.html

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Has the table always been a challenge? I am just wondering if the swing arms got bent or just need lubed? We have the same style.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have room to put a folding cot for the night and not use the table for a bed?

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
We have that same type of table, and never had a problem removing the table or posts.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
If you have no other bed option, you could build a lighter table but be careful it is sufficiently robust to handle the weight. One inch plywood is where Iโ€™d start. With bracing, maybe 3/4 inch.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad