cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Command center panel

Pettit
Explorer
Explorer
I've been doing some research on Keystone Camper's "IN COMMAND" system for interfacing with RV components. Wondering if anyone on here would know of a similar system on the market.

Looking to be able to monitor and communicate with on board electronics ( whether it be sound system, lights, levelers, fans, air conditioner and such). Keystone's setup will allow you to give commands to pretty much everything that has a motor or is electronic from one control panel. Also you can interface with the control panel through bluetooth devices such as phone or tablet.

I'm going to be converting a bus soon and would like to implement a similar system in mine.

Any info would be awesome
9 REPLIES 9

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Pettit wrote:
Raspberry Pi seems the way to go. Haven't messed with it, but seems pretty easy to grasp from what I've read
I haven't ventured into it either but the entry price is very low. An additional benefit from installing a single computer board is that it brings all the interfaces and can double as a networked device. In the future, an owner may leave his laptop/notebook at home and have a wireless keyboard that will bring the same functionality, using the onboard device.

FWIW, I was gifted a touch screen and small desktop system I'll be adding to the RV. It will have the full functionality mentioned above.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

mapguy
Explorer
Explorer
Pettit wrote:
Raspberry Pi seems the way to go. Haven't messed with it, but seems pretty easy to grasp from what I've read

Raspberry Pi is the rage in single board computers right now but IMO the Beaglebone series of single board computers is a little more user friendly along with being full open source unlike the Raspbery Pi and the Arduino based products.

yes, we are just starting to see system implementation in the RV world of a canbus system - it is called RV-C and has its unique standards with potential to use multiple canbus library's for custom implementations of all types.

mapguy
Explorer
Explorer
Pettit wrote:

Raspberry Pi is the rage in single board computers right now but IMO the Beaglebone series of single board computers is a little more user friendly along with being full open source unlike the Raspbery Pi and the Arduino based products.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Given the reliablity of RV electronic systems and components, that's the last thing I would want.
JMHO - good luck!

Scott

x2. They can't even put a decent stereo in one and those aren't a high tech item.

Pettit
Explorer
Explorer

westend
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Given the reliablity of RV electronic systems and components, that's the last thing I would want.
JMHO - good luck!

Scott

X2-Typical RV implementation sucks. If I wanted this, I would just install a Raspberry Pi and equip the circuits with relays.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
JMHO - good luck!

Scott

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Vanleigh uses one in their Vilano fifth wheels. Not sure who makes it though.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
There is the Lippert OneControl which is similar. I have zero experience with it, other than a bit of training.

RV-Command
Thor Rapid Camp

You could also roll your own with a combo of Control Everything parts controlled by your own AI- Mycroft
Would take a bit of heavy lifting though-I may put something together after I retire next month ๐Ÿ™‚
-- Chris Bryant