cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sources for a new/used Jack-knife couch

ScandentTrek
Explorer II
Explorer II
So my current couch is original to the trailer... meaning it's almost 30 years old. My couch cover hides the insane 90s pattern, but even adding cushioning underneath hasn't been able to make it comfortable.
I've been dying to replace it for the last few years, but the $600-$800 price tag on a new one has kept me from doing it.

Does anyone have advice on how to source a used (but still in good condition) jack-knife couch?
I thought about checking the salvage yards, but are there other options?
Thanks!
1996 30' Fleetwood Mallard
Full-timers for 4 years on the Oregon Coast.
See my DIY renovation at https://webuilditourway.com/
4 REPLIES 4

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
RV Solutions, Graham, WA 253-222-4138

Blacklane
Explorer
Explorer
I was going to have mine re-upholstered, but I found one on-sale at Camping World, so i just replaced it. The cost was in the $500 US price range.

If I wasn't restricted by the wheel-well, I would have changed to a recliner set-up, but I had to stick to a jack-knife-on-a-platform configuration.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
I replaced ours with theater seating.... it was still in good shape,,, had never even been opened after the initial checkout. I ended up taking it to the dump. Check Marketplace and Craigslist... you may find one there.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
Can't help on a replacement, ours our 24 years old and were not comfortable so we went a different way. We bought two of these from Amazon, self inflating sleeping pads. I put some tie down loops on the wall and keep them rolled up and Velcro strapped to the back corners of the seat. They are very comfortable and if we don't need the space we just leave one bed down and stack them for day storage and only roll them up at the end of the trip.