cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire Pressure Monitor with Internal Sensors

c-webster
Explorer
Explorer
I've tried TPMS with external sensors and they leaked too many times. I'm now interested in getting a system with internal sensors, and the September 2018 issue of Motorhome Magazine listed three systems.

Blu Technology Products has sensors that can be monitored with their smart phone app. I'm not sure I'd want to go that route because I'm afraid I'd need to take my eyes off the road for too long to see what was going on. There were a lot of questions that their website didn't answer. No information on sensor battery expected life, but they did have a neat system to stop sensor transmitting when the vehicle isn't moving.

Dill Air Controls has a set that has a small LED display for the dash that displays one wheel at a time every 5 seconds and has a good set of alarms for tire problems. The display isn't very large, but probably adequate. Their website was of very little use. No information about sensor battery expected life or whether the sensors stop transmitting when the vehicle is stopped.

Valor has a set with a display that shows one axle (up to four tires) pressure or temperature at a time with indicators to tell which axle is being displayed and whether temperature or pressure. Their website doesn't tell how often the display shifts, whether it shows temperature and pressure automatically or whether you need to use the toggle switch to choose which, etc. Sensor expected life is given as 5 to 7 years (which is time to replace tires), but no information about whether sensors stop transmitting when the vehicle is stopped.

I'm looking for anyone who has actual experience with any of these systems. Costs vary from $215 to $625, but my main concern is a quality product that works well in a motorhome environment.
Charlie
4 REPLIES 4

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
bob213 wrote:
TST has internal sensors available but why would you want them? Batteries go dead and you have to dismount tire? I haven't heard many complaints about the "top three brands" external sensors leaking air.

I've had internal TPMS on my Dodge Ram (2007.5) since new and have not had a battery go dead yet. I really doubt this is an issue.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I've had my tire pressure monitor system leak not just once--but twice. One of the sensors ended up with a hole--and the monitor is a pain in the behind with low battery life. I would not buy one again.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
TST has internal sensors available but why would you want them? Batteries go dead and you have to dismount tire? I haven't heard many complaints about the "top three brands" external sensors leaking air.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
We have the external kind with no leaks. Be aware that it may take specially trained personnel to deal with such transmitters when doing any tire work. At least that was required with the original devices.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)