cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

wadshing machine on fold down rear cargo rack

peterepete
Explorer
Explorer
Cargo weight limit 200lbs, washer, spledide wash&dry, no room in 27ft vcross vfk. Can the washer be attached to the rear fold down rack?
Thanks peterepete
24 REPLIES 24

peterepete
Explorer
Explorer
billyboy wrote:
well we just bought a haier portable washer and I am in the process of mounting it under the bedroom vanity. walmart has a good price on it and it has tremendous good reviews. I just ran it in the house basement and it is a nice unit.

Thanks for info. Hope to pickours up on Friday,

peterepete
Explorer
Explorer
Again thanks for the info. My hubby was surprised how quick everyone responded. I've ordered the haier 1.0 portable washer which will fit in the bath and allow me to work on my quilts and do the laundry.

peterepete
Explorer
Explorer
dgcarver wrote:
I want a picture for my Redneck Solutions Scrapbook! For six months, just go to Lowes and purchase one of the small portable Plastic bolt together storage buildings and put the Washer/dryer in it.

Sorry no pic for you, but we do make red neck smores saltines,peanut butter,chocolate and marshmallows.

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Kiwi_too wrote:
How about transporting inside and moving it when you land?

These things are heavy. They need to be installed with hot and cold running water. They need a dedicated drain. They are not like portable systems for the home. No way I'd even think about doing something like you're suggesting. We use the CG laundry facilities and have experienced no issues.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
How about transporting inside and moving it when you land?

billyboy
Explorer
Explorer
well we just bought a haier portable washer and I am in the process of mounting it under the bedroom vanity. walmart has a good price on it and it has tremendous good reviews. I just ran it in the house basement and it is a nice unit.
09 winny adventurer 32h 33 ft towing 015 focus

ReVoker
Explorer
Explorer
I went on line and found someone that did a similar idea on the back of his tow vehicle instead of the trailer. I don't remember the website but you should be able to find it if you do a Google search for "Jed Clampett".
ReVoker
An opinion on every subject...

dgcarver
Explorer
Explorer
I want a picture for my Redneck Solutions Scrapbook! For six months, just go to Lowes and purchase one of the small portable Plastic bolt together storage buildings and put the Washer/dryer in it.
RV - 2011 Winnebago Vista 26P
TV - 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

past-MIdirector
Explorer
Explorer
Just a little note for you. If you bolt the machine down to any part of the trailer be ready for some real shaking when it goes into spin threw out the entire trailer.

peterepete
Explorer
Explorer
Ok y'all have worked it out for me. The cg has 1 washer, always busy. We will be camp hosting for 6 months so..... I want convience of washing at the tt. Seeing mostly good reviews on haier, will investigate that

sh410
Explorer
Explorer
Another issue may be the quantity of hot water available.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
How much of a beating will it take back there with the bouncing.

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Why not just use the CG laundry facilities? Seems so much easier...
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

peterepete
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all replies. Now to look for portable washer to use inside camper. Maybe twin tub. D.