cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water Softeners?

huffaz
Explorer II
Explorer II
Any recommendations for a RV portable water softener? Have one at home and wife loves it for showers/hair and wants one to use when we're out in our fifth wheel. Campingworld has the On The Go 16,000 grain softener on sale for $250. Good deal or is there something better?
5 REPLIES 5

huffaz
Explorer II
Explorer II
bgum wrote:
That price is about what you would pay on Amazon.

Amazon is a bit higher priced but went ahead and ordered it there. Camping Worlds return policy is poor if the item is found to be defective. Have to contact manufacture and pay shipping.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
I have had a RV-Pro 10000 Portable Softener for 7 years and used it all over the US and Canada, uses two boxes of table salt to regenerate, I only have to recharge it about every 4 weeks, yes i have used in a lot in CA and Nevada
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
huffaz wrote:
Any recommendations for a RV portable water softener? Have one at home and wife loves it for showers/hair and wants one to use when we're out in our fifth wheel. Campingworld has the On The Go 16,000 grain softener on sale for $250. Good deal or is there something better?

That's what I have and love it. You do have to recharge fairly often (very often...weekly... in places like CA and NV) but it makes a huge improvement in the shower and toilet and washing machine.

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
On the Go and Flow-Pur are common and fine; $250 is a decent price.
-jbh-

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
That price is about what you would pay on Amazon.