cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12’ Dune Sport Toy Hauler floor replacement

Cmsosnowski
Explorer
Explorer
Hello! I have recently purchased a 2014 12th Dune Sport toy hauler and after one great weekend discovered the floor was completely soaking wet and squishy all down the left side of the trailer. I sought quotes to find leak and replace floor and got 2 with the third on the way for $7k to $10k. Since we bought the trailer for 13.k I am apt to figure out how to do the fix myself! The leak runs under the tanks, the bathroom and the refrigerator cabinet, meaning, the cabinets and walls need to be removed.

Anyone out there who has done this themselves and can prove a little guidance before I make more of a mess than I need to? I am not sure how to enter the photos yet to this site.

Corinne
13 REPLIES 13

HRTKD
Explorer
Explorer
You haven't found the source of the leak?
2006 Fleetwood Gearbox 220FB S4
2017 Ford F-350 CCLB 6.7L

busterja21
Explorer
Explorer
you might consider advantech for the floor. wouldn't help with what you have now, but will be more water resistant if something happens in the future.
2019 CC F350
2017 Impact 312 Toyhauler
2014 Yamaha grizzly 700 (mine)
2013 Yamaha grizzly 550 (hers)
1998 Kawi Prairie 400 (boys)

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
I don't have a suggestion on the actual work, but at least I can fix the pictures. I think new users are not able to post pictures for a certain amount of time. To display your pictures I used the photo posting button at the top of the posting screen and then pasted the address from you post. Then I set the height to 400. If you edit click the quote button on this post you can see what the results should look like. I also always use the preview button (Looks like a magnifying glass over a piece of paper) to see if the pictures will display before I post.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Cmsosnowski
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I don’t see why not. I opened up the bottom of the trailer yesterday, there is a black plastic layer between the OSB and the frame. Water poured out on the side I knew was bad and Had already torn some of the floor out. I went around the whole perimeter and the trailer is wet, rotten, and moldy on both sides of the underneath of the floor up into the corners of the front of the trailer. Nothing along the drop down door. The left side of the trailer has the cabinet the refrigerator is in and in the bottom portion is the gas furnace and the electrical for the trailer. Attached to that cabinet is the bathroom. And to the right of the bathroom (along the front of the trailer) are the kitchen cabinets. The right side of the trailer has nothing on it except for the sofa attached to the wall and the electric lift bed that is bolted to both sides of the trailer. No matter how I replace the floor, in one piece or. Sections, I have to remove all the cabinets and the bathroom. Sigh....today I will plan how I am going to begin taking it apart.

busterja21
Explorer
Explorer
is it possible you could replace just the left half of the floor? which would allow you to remove one section of the floor at a time and slide the new (half) floor piece one under the wall. you might need some reinforcement underneath where the seams on the two halves meet.
2019 CC F350
2017 Impact 312 Toyhauler
2014 Yamaha grizzly 700 (mine)
2013 Yamaha grizzly 550 (hers)
1998 Kawi Prairie 400 (boys)

Cmsosnowski
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I understood that , thanks for clarifying. ??

William_Willard
Explorer
Explorer
I was referring to inside walls -- Probably can`t remove paneling from outside walls -- Bill Willard

Cmsosnowski
Explorer
Explorer
Well, it doesn’t look like the photos are posting from the link and I have tried it two ways...on the side there is a leak you can see the previous owners didn’t install the trim pieces correctly. We hadn’t yet resealed and replaced all of that before we discovered the mess. All the way around the trailer the trim pieces need to be replaced and entire trailer sealed. That would be step 1. I will be looking for other leaks outside of these obvious spots on the outside.

Cmsosnowski
Explorer
Explorer
https://i.imgur.com/NhUXkjbl.jpg

Cmsosnowski
Explorer
Explorer
[img][/img]

Cmsosnowski
Explorer
Explorer
https://i.imgur.com/83p9XNel.jpg

Cmsosnowski
Explorer
Explorer
The walls are aluminum framing sitting on 3/4” OSB. Am I going to need to jack up the side walls to be able to slide the flooring in, I wonder. And, to find the source of the leaks, am I going to first need to remove the bottom panel from the outside trailer wall to see if the water leaked from one of the seams?

William_Willard
Explorer
Explorer
The walls & floor are probably made of 2x2`s -- In the factory, the walls are made on a table & one side is glued & stapled -- The other side is left open so when installed, it`s secured with screws & then the paneling in stapled to that side -- Find the side that was not glued & remove the paneling -- Unscrew the wall & remove it-- Don`t worry about the ceiling falling or sagging -- It won`t -- The floor may be OK after it dries -- It`s probably 5/8th OSB & 2x2`s -- Homedepot will have anything you need -- Remember, You gotta tear hell out of it before you can fix it -- Have fun -- Bill Willard