cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Pinnacle 36SSWS - Fresh drinking water system

teegee1025
Explorer
Explorer
Good Morning!! We traded in our 2016 Jayco Eagle for a 2020 Pinnacle 36SSWS. A big jump for us. Our first trip out this weekend with it and we cannot find how to turn on the fresh drinking water. The rig is equipped with a 5 gallon bottle in the basement to fill with fresh water. Spigot to kitchen sink and connection to fridge. The problem??? We cannot find how to turn it on. Water in the jug....cap with hose on.....valve under sink open. Open spigot...nothing. We figure there must be a pump switch but cannot find it. There is a small panel to the right of stove with buttons to turn on various light features. There is a button on that panel that says pump. Press it...nothing. Call to dealer, they have no clue. Called into Jayco customer service, 1st tech couldn't help. We were supposed to hear back from the "next level tech" but still nothing. Can't find it in the manual. I was wondering if any of you were familiar with this system. It's called the Flo-Jet. Thanks in advance!!!
14 REPLIES 14

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
teegee1025 wrote:
This is only our second rig. We are pretty new to this and we really enjoy it. When my husband retires (2-3 years) it will get a lot of use. We also went to show after show but always gravitated to the Pinnacle. Our Eagle was about 30 ft. This 36SSWS is about 40 ft. Perfect size for the 2 of us. Quite comfortable inside. We just need to keep playing with it. Enjoy yours. Safe travels!!

Funny how that happens going to a larger unit w/ 2 people. Our last coach which was our 1st RV was a 36 bunk house as we had 2 kids w/ us. Now that one has moved on/married and the other still at home but only joins us either for vaykays or day time, wife and I decided to upgrade the RV. So we ended up with a 41 footer. I tell people that it should be the other way around!. In all honesty tho, we absolutely love the bigger coach.'
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

teegee1025
Explorer
Explorer
This is only our second rig. We are pretty new to this and we really enjoy it. When my husband retires (2-3 years) it will get a lot of use. We also went to show after show but always gravitated to the Pinnacle. Our Eagle was about 30 ft. This 36SSWS is about 40 ft. Perfect size for the 2 of us. Quite comfortable inside. We just need to keep playing with it. Enjoy yours. Safe travels!!

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer
teegee1025 wrote:
JTrac wrote:
We picked up our Pinnacle 32RLTS Friday. A very thorough 3 hour walk PDI and that system was explained. I just wish I had paid closer attention. My problem is I'm not sure about the system as a whole. It is something extra to mess with but I do like the idea of have fresh drinking water and ice available. We generally don't drink water straight from the tap and have used a Britta for a number of years while traveling. My concern is once you have used the 5 gallons unless you have access to a refill it's back to the Britta.

I found a couple of Jayco owners forums that you may want to consider joining. You may be more likely to get Jayco specific info.

Congratulations on your new 32RTLS! We are fortunate enough to have a reverse osmosis system at the house so we can fill it at home. It should be okay for our weekend trips. Once retirement and longer trips come, we will probably use a Brita after the 5 gallons runs out.

Not sure if you saw my post but I found the pump and switch late last night while putting things away. On the floor of the island...UNDER THE BOTTOM DRAWER!!! Who designed this?? Our 5 gallon bottle was not attached at this point but I did turn on the motor. Seems very loud but maybe because no water running thru it!!

It is loud and on our PDI the tech said it re-pressurizes every so often. He said it can be a bit noisy in the middle of the night. We have a dual filter system at home we will use to fill it.

We have been looking for 6 months and just liked the features and maybe a little better construction, we'll see. We spent almost all day at a show in January going in and out of a bunch but kept going back to the Pinnacle. We visited a bunch of dealers, slowed down for a while due to the virus and then picked it back up a few weeks ago. We finally narrowed it down to a Grand Design Solitude and the Pinnacle. Either would have probably worked but the wife did like the Insignia range/ovens Jayco is using. We wanted something in the 34 to 36 foot range which the 32RLTS fits nicely. I have crawled all over and under it the past 2 days and haven't seen anything that gives me concern. This is fifth wheel number 8 for us in our 49 years of marriage and probably our last. We hope we got it right.
JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

teegee1025
Explorer
Explorer
JTrac wrote:
We picked up our Pinnacle 32RLTS Friday. A very thorough 3 hour walk PDI and that system was explained. I just wish I had paid closer attention. My problem is I'm not sure about the system as a whole. It is something extra to mess with but I do like the idea of have fresh drinking water and ice available. We generally don't drink water straight from the tap and have used a Britta for a number of years while traveling. My concern is once you have used the 5 gallons unless you have access to a refill it's back to the Britta.

I found a couple of Jayco owners forums that you may want to consider joining. You may be more likely to get Jayco specific info.

Congratulations on your new 32RTLS! We are fortunate enough to have a reverse osmosis system at the house so we can fill it at home. It should be okay for our weekend trips. Once retirement and longer trips come, we will probably use a Brita after the 5 gallons runs out.

Not sure if you saw my post but I found the pump and switch late last night while putting things away. On the floor of the island...UNDER THE BOTTOM DRAWER!!! Who designed this?? Our 5 gallon bottle was not attached at this point but I did turn on the motor. Seems very loud but maybe because no water running thru it!!

teegee1025
Explorer
Explorer
work2much wrote:
We looked at the Pinnacle in our search for a new 5th wheel. I liked the idea of a drinking water tap but didn't like the 5 gallon bucket in the basement idea. A decent under the counter filtration system would have been an awesome factory feature option and what we will install in our new coach. Having to partially unpack the basement, find a filling station and lug a jug to it doesn't seem like the best option.

We are fortunate to have a reverse osmosis system at the house so we can fill and clean the bottle at home 🙂

alboy
Explorer
Explorer
FRIDGE with ice maker and cold water filter is the nicest we have used.

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at the Pinnacle in our search for a new 5th wheel. I liked the idea of a drinking water tap but didn't like the 5 gallon bucket in the basement idea. A decent under the counter filtration system would have been an awesome factory feature option and what we will install in our new coach. Having to partially unpack the basement, find a filling station and lug a jug to it doesn't seem like the best option.
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer

JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

teegee1025
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure what they were thinking with this design but we found the pump and switch. It's on the floor in the island under the bottom drawer??

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Bottled water till you figure it out.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu

teegee1025
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
Could be a blown pump fuse.

Will check that out. Thanks!!

teegee1025
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Sorry but your experience serves to remind us all of the need for a complete walk through with all systems demonstrated and then reactivated by the RVer.

We did!!! All they told us was to turn on the valve under the sink. The sales person didn't even know that there was the valve under the sink. A service guy did but no mention of anything else needing to be done 😞

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Could be a blown pump fuse.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry but your experience serves to remind us all of the need for a complete walk through with all systems demonstrated and then reactivated by the RVer.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad