cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

7-Way Cord Storage

TWZMYJP
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I'm a 5vr newbie... Please bear with me as I ask a bevvy of stupid questions throughout our first season with the new unit :S

What does everyone do with the pigtail of cord that hangs from the kingpin when you unhook and pull the tow vehicle away? I'm 6'-1" and I can barely reach over the dropped tailgate and stuff the pigtail up into the kingpin cavity, where is usually falls out a couple times before finally sticking anyway... I'm thinking of some sort of hanger or clip arrangement to hold the pigtail up and out of the way? Does such an animal already exist? No need to reinvent the wheel, just figured I'd ask (another) dumb question.
'18 Jayco Alante 31R
18 REPLIES 18

Oakman
Explorer
Explorer
I just let the cord hang down behind the tailgate and then pull away. Once the truck is out of the way I stuff the cord into the kingpin cavity. Never been a problem.
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab, 4X4, Shortbed, 6.4 Diesel
Reese 16K Kwik Slide
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
Honda 2000i generator
Rand McNally 5510 GPS

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
There are what I call dummy plugs that are empty inside. The pig tail just clips in there and it is kept dirt free and dry. i have one on my fifth wheel and also flatbed. If I can find when I bought them and where i will post back.

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
^^^^^^^^^ X2^^^^^^^^^

There is usually 2 of us and when the truck is pulled away, the other grabs the cord and cable and stuffs them both into/behind kingpin box.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
The only dumb question is the one not asked, I just store the cord inside the kingpin itself.