cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Air Compressor Plastic Hose

HRTKD
Explorer
Explorer
I have onboard air on my 2006 Fleetwood Gearbox 220FB toy hauler. I need to replace the plastic hose that goes between the compressor and the tank. I also need one of the fittings for one end of the hose. I have no idea what to call this stuff to search for it. The hose pushes into the fitting and if you press on the fitting just right you can pull the hose out.

I've tried at the local hardware stores and auto parts store with little luck. The hardware store sold me a compression fitting that looks like it might work but I'm not sure its for plastic hose.
2006 Fleetwood Gearbox 220FB S4
2017 Ford F-350 CCLB 6.7L
10 REPLIES 10

Camorhino
Explorer
Explorer
The hose is nylon. Get it at any good auto parts. Same stuff they use on truck airlines. Some have push fit, and will have a fitting that goes inside the hose to keep it from collapsing, and either a ferrule or a push fitting to connect. Should be standard NPT fittings.

byronlj
Explorer
Explorer
They are called "push fittings".
Dave
byronlj
2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3800RL

HRTKD
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the clue on air bag hose/fittings. I think that will work. The threads on my fittings appear to be tapered so I think that means I have npt fittings, right?

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
If it is only 1/4 inch, then just use fittings for air bags.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

msmith1_wa
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on the size of the hose and fittings, they could be the same as is used for air bags, or even air brakes.
2003 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 8.1l
2016 Evergreen Amped 28FS

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Quick disconnect fittings. Go to harbor freight and for around 15 dollars you get a complete kit, hose, fittings, everything.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Harbor Freight. Get a new hose.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
You can get the line at Harbor Freight, I believe.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

HRTKD
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think Shark Bite comes in sizes this small. The outer diameter is about 1/4".

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Sounds like Shark bite fittings.
What is the diameter of the line?
These are for water but there is same type for air. air line fittings
Sharkbite

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow