cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIRBAGS WITH B&W COMPANION HITCH ADVICE?!

rockwind1
Explorer II
Explorer II
i looked into airbags many years ago 2001 f350 and ran into an obstacle with my b%w hitch,, as many know,, it is an under the bed platform that bolts into the frame and then the fifth wheel hitch attaches to it via a unique method. the problem is that all the airbags i looked at would not go in as easily as they would without.

question: has anyone found airbags that would go in without major mods with the b&w?

if not,, has anyone found a fairly easy way to do the mods? would you share?

thanks
10 REPLIES 10

rockwind1
Explorer II
Explorer II
mtofell1 wrote:
I have Firestone 5000 bags with a B/W Companion on a 6.5' bed 2500 2014 Ram with no problem. The hitch went in first and then I had the bags installed. They guy that installed them didn't say anything about any problems. I can't recall ever really looking at how close they are but I could snap some pictures if you need them.

thanks! i appreciate it,, prob not necessary,,,, i am going to buy airbags soon and install. i am starting another thread with a related question

fishhogg
Explorer
Explorer
2017 F350 SRW 4WD Long Bed W/ factory puck system. Firestone air/bags and Air Lift WirelessAir Compressor. Great system with no problems and B&W 20k Companion hitch.

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
I have Firestone 5000 bags with a B/W Companion on a 6.5' bed 2500 2014 Ram with no problem. The hitch went in first and then I had the bags installed. They guy that installed them didn't say anything about any problems. I can't recall ever really looking at how close they are but I could snap some pictures if you need them.

rockwind1
Explorer II
Explorer II
garyp4951 wrote:
2001 F350 air bags

hi gary,, thanks for the link,,, did that airbag set up work with the older b&w companion hitch?

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III

Fulltimer50
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2011 F350 DRW 4x4. I had no problem installing my Ride Right air bags.
George

2011 F350 PSD CC LB 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 5th Wheel

rockwind1
Explorer II
Explorer II
gwalter wrote:
I have airbags on my Ram with the B & W Companion hitch.

really? would sure like to talk to you sometime then,,, maybe a ram is different than my f350. the bags went in no problem? no welding or cutting?

gwalter
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have airbags on my Ram with the B & W Companion hitch.
2010 Ram 3500 Laramie
2021 Bighorn 3120 RK
B & W Companion Hitch
Air Bags

rockwind1
Explorer II
Explorer II
dmck413 wrote:
I used Timbrens on my Dodge. They went in easily and perform very well. Made the truck stiffer riding though.

do you have the companion hitch?

dmck413
Explorer
Explorer
I used Timbrens on my Dodge. They went in easily and perform very well. Made the truck stiffer riding though.