cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Alliance 5th Wheels

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
Saw this new brand at the Tampa RV Super show........Damm what an improvement over the major name brands....
60 REPLIES 60

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
smlranger wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
FlatBroke wrote:
Three ACs and no seat in the shower. :h

3 AC's because there's no ducting.

I believe Alliance uses 3 AC's because someone there recognized that 2 AC's may not be adequate in hot weather. I have a 2019 GD Solitude with 2 15K ducted AC units and we have problems getting it cool in hot and humid weather. That is with awnings deployed and sun shades on all windows exposed to direct sun.

Grand Design should at least pre wire for a 3AC unit on their larger 5th wheels so the owner could easily add a 3rd AC if desired.

What???!!! Even with their "40" R value roof!!

Want a laugh, here is even a dealer making fun of manufacturers claims.
Exposing False R values

Full disclosure, we are in the process of selling our 11 Brookstone (that worked very well with one A/C) to buy a 17 Solitude. But eyes wide open.
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
GDS-3950BH wrote:
2012Coleman wrote:

Call me a kool-aid drinker - I don't care - that's a term usually given to someone who is very happy with something that is given by someone who isn't very happy with what they have, so all they can do is tell others how crappy the thing they don't have is.

Unfortunately you have to pay your dues to get the moniker lol.

You have to go to the Goshen rally and spend a couple days with your entire family wearing matching GD T shirts and hats. Then you have to sit through listening to the factory big wigs feed a line of BS a few times, while you clap and cheer loudly. Finally each morning you have to get up early and walk out in the road in front of your rig, then let loose with the GD company song. This year its the Darrel Waltrip version of the Kenny Rogers classic " You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel".
Went to a Heartland rally there in 2011 (My last) You are 100% correct. Almost died laughing at some little guy cheerleader who was trying to rally the troops when the big wigs were announced. Sad but true.
B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
GDS-3950BH wrote:
2012Coleman wrote:

Call me a kool-aid drinker - I don't care - that's a term usually given to someone who is very happy with something that is given by someone who isn't very happy with what they have, so all they can do is tell others how crappy the thing they don't have is.

You have to go to the Goshen rally and spend a couple days with your entire family wearing matching GD T shirts and hats. Then you have to sit through listening to the factory big wigs feed a line of BS a few times, while you clap and cheer loudly. Finally each morning you have to get up early and walk out in the road in front of your rig, then let loose with the GD company song. This year its the Darrel Waltrip version of the Kenny Rogers classic " You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel".
No - don't go to the rallies (maybe you have attended? sounds like it), but so what? It's not like GD is the only manufacturer that has them, and from what I've heard, they have technicians on hand and let you report any issues that need addressing - this particular person got treated above and beyond that when they took her fifth wheel back to the factory for an AC repair. But they are not the only company that does this - I've read about those too.

If your not happy about your current GD product, I'm betting you would have an easy time getting rid of it - lol.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
ACZL wrote:
This new RV has caught my attention, but like others, want to see how they are after new owners get them. I like their ideas and concepts and for right now seem to listen to people and make changes based on suggestions. We all want to see now what they are going to offer in terms of floor-plans and all but they (Alliance) are keeping their cards close to their chests. As this year goes forward, more models will be released. Big question tho is, are they going to stick to their guns and really be 100% customer focused, take time to manufacture RV's in a quality fashion and not rush them out the door or not? By the time the Hershey show is here, they should have more floorpans to see. Also, folks that have bought them already should as well be offering their take on them..

Funny, SWMBO texted me about the company. Looking at their products, it looks nice. Think they are missing the mark on internal storage, and not sure I'm ready for that much glass in an RV. Don't know if they were at Novi MI show, we were pretty focused on looking a just a couple of different models.

I've heard the quality discussion before. Time will tell.

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
This new RV has caught my attention, but like others, want to see how they are after new owners get them. I like their ideas and concepts and for right now seem to listen to people and make changes based on suggestions. We all want to see now what they are going to offer in terms of floor-plans and all but they (Alliance) are keeping their cards close to their chests. As this year goes forward, more models will be released. Big question tho is, are they going to stick to their guns and really be 100% customer focused, take time to manufacture RV's in a quality fashion and not rush them out the door or not? By the time the Hershey show is here, they should have more floorpans to see. Also, folks that have bought them already should as well be offering their take on them..
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
smlranger wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
FlatBroke wrote:

I believe Alliance uses 3 AC's because someone there recognized that 2 AC's may not be adequate in hot weather. I have a 2019 GD Solitude with 2 15K ducted AC units and we have problems getting it cool in hot and humid weather. That is with awnings deployed and sun shades on all windows exposed to direct sun.

Grand Design should at least pre wire for a 3AC unit on their larger 5th wheels so the owner could easily add a 3rd AC if desired.

They use 3 AC's because that don't use ducted AC. The two in the living area are whats needed because of no ducting. The one in the bedroom is ducted to the bathroom since cool air can't go through walls.
It's also way quieter than your GD's ducted AC.

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
FlatBroke wrote:

2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
minnow wrote:
I'll bet a fast food dinner deluxe that the selling price on the much drooled on Lifestyle was way, way more then any similar sized offering from Alliance or Grand Design.
Funny how many people want the build quality of a $200,000 RV and complain when they don't see it in an RV with and MSRP of $80,000. Hmm, wonder why that is?

Because, if the mfrs took a bit longer building an RV, it would most likely be built much better, so they'd have many less warranty claims, so less overhead built in. I'd be willing to be that if they dropped the piece-pay and went to a decent hourly pay, and cut production #s by 5% and spread that time out to the rigs built, they'd have a =much= better product for not a lot much more.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

neal10a wrote:
At the Tampa RV show I found the Redwood, Cedar Creek champagne, and Grand Design Solitude to offer more than the Alliance if one considers the 10k difference in full body paint. The the others suspensions were more robust, appliance seletion, wire sizing, plumbing and fixtures were either the same or better. Alliance was rather silent on A/C ducting and insulation as compared to others. No data on temperature variations in the living and storage areas. Allience offer heavy 4K springs, but the axles and brakes were still 7Ks. The others had 8K axels and brakes. I am glad to see more competition in the RV industry, but this new commer needs to climb the moutain a little more aggressively and I am not sure if they are RVIA certified. I am somewhat concerned that the managment credentials are not engineering oriented.

Thats because they ARE NOT.... they BOTH have backgrounds in finance,,, They are bean counters... Read their story....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

neal10a
Explorer
Explorer
At the Tampa RV show I found the Redwood, Cedar Creek champagne, and Grand Design Solitude to offer more than the Alliance if one considers the 10k difference in full body paint. The the others suspensions were more robust, appliance seletion, wire sizing, plumbing and fixtures were either the same or better. Alliance was rather silent on A/C ducting and insulation as compared to others. No data on temperature variations in the living and storage areas. Allience offer heavy 4K springs, but the axles and brakes were still 7Ks. The others had 8K axels and brakes. I am glad to see more competition in the RV industry, but this new commer needs to climb the moutain a little more aggressively and I am not sure if they are RVIA certified. I am somewhat concerned that the managment credentials are not engineering oriented.

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:
minnow wrote:

And now their build quality is no better or worse the FR, Thor or Keystone. Seems GD spends most of their resources on keepinโ€™ the kool-aid vats well filled for the thirsty faithful.
Well, as an owner of a previous Thor product and now a GD product - and also as someone who tried to contact Thor customer support (and was ignored) and also my interactions with GD customer support which solved an out of warranty issue at no expense to me, all I can say is your comment is made out of ignorance.

All I have to do is walk into my GD and compare the still new smelling interior to the off-gassing chemical smelling Coleman TT I happily sold. And that's only the first thing on the comparison list.

I am finding that GD owners seem to be happier overall with their experiences dealing with the manufacturer than other brands that are largely similar in construction. In our search for a 5th wheel I have joined a few FB groups and GD owners in general seem more satisfied. I also like that GD has a repair facility where owners can opt out of the dealer experience for repairs if they so choose to travel to GD. I would much rather have a factory tech fixing something like a slide over the "techs" I have seen at most dealers.
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
minnow wrote:

And now their build quality is no better or worse the FR, Thor or Keystone. Seems GD spends most of their resources on keepinโ€™ the kool-aid vats well filled for the thirsty faithful.
Well, as an owner of a previous Thor product and now a GD product - and also as someone who tried to contact Thor customer support (and was ignored) and also my interactions with GD customer support which solved an out of warranty issue at no expense to me, all I can say is your comment is made out of ignorance.

All I have to do is walk into my GD and compare the still new smelling interior to the off-gassing chemical smelling Coleman TT I happily sold. And that's only the first thing on the comparison list.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
FlatBroke wrote:

topjimmy
Explorer
Explorer
True Story!!! thats funny:B
minnow wrote:
Hammerboy wrote:

Just think Grand Design was a small start up just a few years ago. Grew big, cashed out and now they have a cult like following.

Dan

2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner