cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alpenlite Seville Questions

lutzal
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, my wife and I are looking at purchasing a 2004 Alpenlite Seville 36SL (I am not certain that the mode number is correct but I believe so as it has the rear lounge and 4 slides). My first question is regarding the frame. I have read a lot about the Lippert frames, and am curious if this would have one, despite it's large size and 4 slides. We are looking to fulltime for a couple years with our daugter, and then will be towing it around the country. I am aware that these are very heavy units, and I am willing to invest in the proper size tow vehicle in order to have the space to live in. My question is first about the frame, and then about the longevity of these trailers. I know that they are well made, but this unit is aldready 9 years old, and I am looking for something to last me for another 20 years being properly maintained. Does anyone have any thoughts?
11 REPLIES 11

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
larry barnhart wrote:
Veebyes wrote:
I happen to be parked right next to the former leaders of the former Alpenlite Club at this very moment.

The club, formally, with corporate sponsorship, is no more, though owners do stay in contact.

As already stated, 05 & earlier are NOT Lippert frames so the unit you are looking at is one of the last of the really good Alpenlites.

if you are talking about Bob and Claudia Smith they have the lippert frame alpenlite. tell them Larry and Linda Barnhart said Howdy. 5978 is our alpenlite number.

chevman

They just left our unit. We will be passing through your area later in June.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

georgej
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2004 Alpenlite with about 50 to 60 thousand miles. The 5er is still rock solid, but since they are anything but light they can be hard on suspension components.I would replace all bushings with greasable fittings and check the brakes. While you're there rotate each wheel to check the neverlube bearings for smoothness and proper adjustment.

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
I happen to be parked right next to the former leaders of the former Alpenlite Club at this very moment.

The club, formally, with corporate sponsorship, is no more, though owners do stay in contact.

As already stated, 05 & earlier are NOT Lippert frames so the unit you are looking at is one of the last of the really good Alpenlites.

if you are talking about Bob and Claudia Smith they have the lippert frame alpenlite. tell them Larry and Linda Barnhart said Howdy. 5978 is our alpenlite number.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
I had the 05 brochure on my computer and it does show the Seville plus the Venice. I have never seen a Venice.
chevman
chevman
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

oldbeek
Explorer
Explorer
look for the Alpenlite travel club in facebook. Lots of helpful folks there, including parts service rep from Ullmans rv, largest Alpenlite dealer in US back in the day.
1994 27sl Alpenlite with many mods, 2001 Dodge Cummins 2x4 3.54 Auto trans built shift kit and 2nd gear lock up mod. Mojave Green billet, triple disc low stall torque converter. Gauges and raptor 3/8inch fuel system. 12.5 mpg avg

jbtaz
Explorer
Explorer
Yep. Chevman is right. Started build a couple in late 05.

jbtaz
Explorer
Explorer
The Alpenlite was a great unit for full-timers. If it is a Seville you are looking at, it should be a 2005/2006, that was only years I am aware they were titled as. The model should be a M36-RLQ. 2006 is the year that started using the Lippert chassis with some being built in 2005. I'm pretty sure it is not Lippert on that model. You are right as it being heavy as it comes north of 13,500# and 38' long. Not many around.

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
This is what have had. The 2004 alpenlite brochure doesn't show the Seville 36RL. I have given all of the 05 brochures to rv.net guys that bought their 05 Augusta's. But I found a single paper brochure of the Seville so now I remember it wasn't in the brochure but later in the year the Seville came on the production line. We did one outing each year and saw all the new models.

Exterior height 12' 5 3/4"
Exterior width 8'6"
Exterior length 37'6"
Interior height @living 8'2"
Interior height @ bath 6'81/4
Interior height @ sleeper 6'2 1/4"
Dry Payload 2,868
C.C.C. 1,888
G.V.W.R. 16,000 lbs
Axle rating 7,000
Base dry weight 13,132
Hitch weight 2,296
Axle weight 10,836
L.P.G. capacity lbs 63
Water heater 10 gals
Furnace BTU's 42,000
Cu. ft.storage capa 97
tire size LT/235x85R16G G-614
Fresh water 100 gal
Grey water 100 gal
Black water 50 gal Not a lippert frame
chevman
chevman
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Alpenlite was a premier trailer builder when they were in Production. Sadly there were many reasons for their demise. Personally i would not hesitate to buy one even today. Remember appliances and equipment are the same as other less costly trailers so parts and service will be still available.
I don't remember what year they switched from in House to Lippert frames, but I believe it was around 2004/05 time frame. Might have been as late as 2006. Have you done a search for the WRV club? I think they are still active on facebook or somewhere similar.
My favorite floor plan was always he Augusta.

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
The frame should not be a Lippert. We bought our 2001 alpenlite in March of 2011 and have slept in it 6 years total nights. Still looks and works great for our 6 months each winter.
chevman
chevman
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110