cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any nice new 5th wheels that have cloth furniture

Mote
Explorer
Explorer
We would like to get a bigger 5th wheel around 35 foot and this time have opposing slides in the living area for more room. We like our current Cougar and like the cloth furniture. It's held up well and your legs don't stick to it. My wife is always cold so she doesn't like vinyl or leather. Seems like every camper we've looked in the past few months is the cheap leather/vinyl.
Does any manufacture still offer cloth furniture ?
2005 Dodge 3500
2001 Lance 1030
2006 Cougar 29RL
20 REPLIES 20

nscaler2
Explorer
Explorer
TxGearhead wrote:
The leather they are installing is not really leather. It's bonded leather, little pieces of leather glued together. Guaranteed to fall apart in 5 years. When ours falls apart I'm getting cloth furniture.

You would be lucky to get 5 years out of boded leather. It pure junk. I've seen it start to slough off and come apart in as little as two years.
Vanleigh Vilano 325RL
w/Mor/ryde pin box
Mor/Ryde IS suspension with hydraulic disk brakes and never lube bearings
Goodyer G rated tires
2011 GMC 3500HD CC Lb
B&W turnover w/Companion

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
I love my cloth interior and no one will ever convince me to change.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
The leather they are installing is not really leather. It's bonded leather, little pieces of leather glued together. Guaranteed to fall apart in 5 years. When ours falls apart I'm getting cloth furniture.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

Mote wrote:
Well looks like we might be putting the new camper on hold. The company we work work for announced cutbacks and layoffs are coming. The current camper is paid for so and actually is quite nice. We'll just keep enjoying it for now.
I think we'll dress up the interior with some new flooring and maybe replace the two chairs in the rear with some euro style recliners.

Everything happens for a reason..

When you get back in the game, the trailer of your dreams will jump out at you ! !
Good Luck to you both
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Mote
Explorer
Explorer
Well looks like we might be putting the new camper on hold. The company we work work for announced cutbacks and layoffs are coming. The current camper is paid for so and actually is quite nice. We'll just keep enjoying it for now.
I think we'll dress up the interior with some new flooring and maybe replace the two chairs in the rear with some euro style recliners.
2005 Dodge 3500
2001 Lance 1030
2006 Cougar 29RL

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
FlatBroke wrote:
It’s hard to find one with cloth furniture and carpet. Don’t think the RV industry is interested in us old buzzards anyway. Buy a used trailer and put in what ever you want, the savings from buying used will more than pay for it.

Much prefer cloth furniture but would rather not have carpet. Throw rugs are easier to clean and if they get damaged/stained, it's easy to replace.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
It’s hard to find one with cloth furniture and carpet. Don’t think the RV industry is interested in us old buzzards anyway. Buy a used trailer and put in what ever you want, the savings from buying used will more than pay for it.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Mote
Explorer
Explorer
On no, I'm in trouble now. The wife found one that she likes. She's always wanted a rear kitchen but also have a nice living area. We looked last night at the new Cougars and she liked the 362RKS.
Nice big kitchen in the rear and living room with two couches. The 81 gallon fresh water tank would be nice in the state parks here in Indiana. At 39'4" it would be a close fit in the barn. We'll have to do some careful measuring of both first.
2005 Dodge 3500
2001 Lance 1030
2006 Cougar 29RL

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
ScottG wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
I blame Ricardo Montoban...Fine Corinthian Leather

Honestly other than being able to say it's leather, it's about as bad as vinyl.

It was all in the delivery!
Corinthian leather was the lowest grade and normally deemed too thin and flawed for furniture. It was mostly used for gloves.
Until Ricardo smooshed us.

There was no such thing as "corinthian leather". It was pure marketing.

From wiki: Corinthian leather is a term coined by the advertising agency Bozell to describe the upholstery used in certain Chrysler luxury vehicles. The term first appeared in advertising in 1974. Although this is merely a marketing concept, it suggests that the term—not the product—was inspired from the more elaborate and impressive ancient Greek column of the Corinthian order .
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the (2) cloth recliners & sofa with items of my choice.

Also - replaced the dining table (& 4 cloth covered chairs) w/ more "functional" items.

All "replacements" were within the first year of ownership.

*If* I was purchasing again, I would at least *attempt* to purchase without those items - and replace with MY preference.

Of course, you can spec order a New Horizons (and/or?) with interiors of your choice - factory direct.

~

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
valhalla360 wrote:

It was all in the delivery!
Corinthian leather was the lowest grade and normally deemed too thin and flawed for furniture. It was mostly used for gloves.
Until Ricardo smooshed us.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
If you are buying new, most brands have the option to get cloth upholstery, so on a special order you should have your choice, if buying off the lot, I think all the dealers go for the leather/vinyl because many see it as a plus.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'

ipeltier
Explorer
Explorer
When we ordered our Jayco 5th wheel, we had a choice of a leather substitute or cloth. I ordered the cloth furniture. I also don't like the stickiness of "leather" or the cold touch.