cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

anyone own a Retro 5th wheel?

Road_Phantom
Explorer
Explorer
I've been looking at Riverside's Retro 5th wheel on line and the wife and I like it. They only make one model 5th. I have a 2014 Ram 2x2 that sits high. My concern is whether or not it will match up since the Retro looks low to the ground. The dealer is too far away and didn't have an answer when I talked to him over the phone. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

Road_Phantom
Explorer
Explorer
It seems to me that this Retro is designed for 1/2 ton Pickups. Monday, the factory rep will be available and can answer my question.

NMDriver
Explorer
Explorer
JKJavelin wrote:
A 17 gallons black tank... I'd fill that sucker in a day!
JK

๐Ÿ™‚ LOL You either travel with a mob or need to see a DR. My wife and I get 5-6 days before dumping our 15 gal black tank, even then it is after I add 3-5 gal of water to start, after we empty the tank.

To the OP: Without being familiar with that particular 5er, I have a 25 yr old Prowler and had to flip the axles to get it high enough to clear my 2008 Silverado side rails. If the Retro has not already got spring on top axles then I think you will not be able to hook up without modifications.
5er/2500Duramax/18ftBoat

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
These are pretty neat looking- looks like one size with 3 different floorplans, but the tank sizes are wimpy. A 17 gallons black tank... I'd fill that sucker in a day!
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
having 14 inch tires it will sit alittle lower than others.So depends on how high your truck sits

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Cant help with your question but it looks like a great floorplan. I like the bunks tucked into the corner rather than having a huge amount of space set aside for them. (requiring a longer trailer)
My only concern is whether you can see the TV from the couch.