cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Auto level leg lift?

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
With a 6 point leveling system is it possible to lift just one leg? Sometimes when I'm all set up, I see one leg that looks like it could use another block. Seems like a real hassle to have to start from scratch again.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk
8 REPLIES 8

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
B.O. Plenty wrote:
I only put blocks under the legs if they don't hit the ground. You can raise the rears to put in a block but I don't think I would try the fronts unless it's hitched. In my opinion using blocks under the legs if not needed defeats the purpose of a Level up.
B.O.

I use blocks on the rears, since they only have about 8-10" of travel and, on uneven ground, can run out. I put a couple lego levelers under the fronts just for footprint. With the JTs I'm not nearly worried about the extensions causing wiggle. :B

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lantley wrote:
B.O. Plenty wrote:
I only put blocks under the legs if they don't hit the ground. You can raise the rears to put in a block but I don't think I would try the fronts unless it's hitched. In my opinion using blocks under the legs if not needed defeats the purpose of a Level up.
B.O.

I use blocks under the legs every trip. It allows me to avoid dropping the inner leg, which makes the legs more rigid. Ultimately the larger outer leg is more substantial and carries the weight better.
In the end the blocks make the entire set up more stable simply because the legs are more solid and they are not extended as far.
I agree with you, I used to do the same. But my hydraulic Level Up doesn't have inner and outer legs. They work just fine.
B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
With my old TC camper, each jack could be controlled independently through the remote. The TC could stand on 3 legs. Just thinking it would be nice if I could do that with the 5er, specifically if it was a front.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

djousma
Explorer
Explorer
You cannot lift just one rear leg at a time, but you can just go into manual mode and then you can raise the 4 rear legs until the one you want if off the ground. Once you have your blocks in place, just push the autolevel button twice and it will re-level automatically.
Dave
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
2017 Forest River Cardinal 3850RL

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yea, pushing that button a second time can be a real hassle.....

We are so spoiled with the push button systems we forget how much work it used to be to level the camper.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
B.O. Plenty wrote:
B.O.

I use blocks under the legs every trip. It allows me to avoid dropping the inner leg, which makes the legs more rigid. Ultimately the larger outer leg is more substantial and carries the weight better.
In the end the blocks make the entire set up more stable simply because the legs are more solid and they are not extended as far.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
With our Lippert system, I can raise or lower the front 2, or the back 4, or the right-side 3, or the left-side 3 independently, but not a single one. (Actually, I'm not sure I can raise all 3 on a side together. Maybe only the rear 2 on a given side.)

There is a procedure to raise or lower one or more independently if the control unit should fail, but that involves using a wrench to manually open the valve on the jack you want to raise or lower, and then using a drill to operate the hydraulic pump. You don't want to go there unless you are dealing with a failure.
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS