cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Auxiliary Tank Combo

rdmotex3
Explorer
Explorer
Curious what folks are using for auxiliary fuel tank/toolbox. I currently am in a Ford F350 DRW with a B&W 5th wheel hitch and I want to add as much fuel as possible and save as much space. You get the idea, I want the cake and I also want to eat it. If you have pictures that's even better. Fire at will gentlemen.
37 REPLIES 37

rdmotex3
Explorer
Explorer
For those of you going with tanks over 60 gallons have you notice an impact on mileage at all?

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
RDS 40 Gal/Tool Box, low profile so it fits under my Roll-n-Lock cover
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://www.deezee.com/product/combo-transfer-tank-brite-tread/

This is the one I have in my 21 Ram 3500
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

Pipeman
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 50 gallon trax 4 transferflow tank in the back of my dually. I have a long box. It's computer controlled which means it fills the main tank when it uses a few gallons and there's a gauge which sits on the dash and it tells me the total in both tanks and how much fuel has been used and when the tank is pumping into the main tank. . Mine is diesel. I had it installed 11 years ago and it is working like new. It fits under my tonneau cover as well. No tool box. With the main tank holding 36 gallons, I have a total of 86 gallons of fuel.
Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
35 year Fire Fighter(retired)
VE3PJF

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
RDS 60 gallon with the tool box combo. One of the best upgrades I have ever done to a vehicle.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Nv_Guy
Explorer III
Explorer III
I also went with the RDS, mainly because I wanted a low profile tool box - fuel tank to fit under my tonneau cover. Holds about 40 Ga.

slomark
Explorer
Explorer
I use an RDS, carries about 44g and a 6" deep tool box up top. Got the kit that ties into the filler neck. No problems after 10 years.
'09 Heartland Sundance 285bh, '08 CTD

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm kind of looking for something for my Ram. I have a Weathertech tool box, but no auxiliary fuel tank. At the present time I'm using 2 5-gallon plastic fuel cans in the tool box. I don't carry much in the way of tools, so I've got lots of room. My old truck had a 35 gallon OEM tank, and a 35 gallon auxiliary tank. The new truck has a 32 gallon OEM tank, which is a bit small. I hate truck stops, so I prefer to fuel up without the 5th wheel attached. We rarely travel over 300 miles in a day any more so the OEM with the extra cans works...but barely. I'd like to have a bit more cushion, and an easier refuel than the fuel cans.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"