cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Basement Organization

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just added a 22" Blackstone to the Camp Chef arsenal and it was getting a little cluttered in the basement. I had some time this weekend and decided to add this shelf to keep everything organized. It's a very simple shelf, made from 1/2" scrap plywood, with a 1x4 across the back edge for stability and to keep things from sliding off, and then a 1" tall strip of 3/4 pine in the front also to stabilize and provide an edge for the shelf.

I use the plastic bin on the top to store the grill/griddle utensils, gas regulators, tablecloth and other camp cooking gear.

6 REPLIES 6

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
Pictures (see above reply to OP). The heavy aluminum stuff is a "portadeck", which is a set of 5-inch steps leading to a 4'x3' deck which is even with the fifth-wheel door, and which is a godsend for my wife, who has bad hips.

Honda generators (not shown) are stored in this open area.

Detail of one the L-braces.

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
I also recently added some bulky items. I put in a shelf similar to yours, except it is almost full width: 26 inches inside. It consists of two 30-inch plywood boxes, open on both ends. Placed together, they create a 5-foot-long tube. That leaves 3 feet at one end for some tall stuff. I used 15/31" plywood and L-braces to tie the pieces together and give it strength (although heavier stuff goes on the bottom).

This (almost) doubles my usable storage space, and stuff that was previously on the bottom of a pile are now easily accessible. I created two boxes because one long box would be heavy and awkward to handle.

H__Cramer
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a 22" Blackstone myself, still Breaking it in.
You gave me an idea where to put in my Basement

Thx,

Out

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am for anything that avoids clutter. A place for everything and everything in its place. My shelves slide out but on one compartment I have a top shelf for several things that rarely get used. Almost everything is in covered plastic bins. We seldom cook outside so we only have a small stainless steal gas grill. But you are doing a good job.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Very neat. We really like our blackstone and Q1200.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Looks good. Sturdy.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad