cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

BedRug with hitch

guinness1
Explorer
Explorer
I am anxiously awaiting my new tow vehicle, 2021 Sierra 3500HD SRW LB. I already upgraded the base of my Companion hitch to the puck system. I am interested in the BedRug mat for the bed. Does anyone use a BedRug with their hitch installed? If so, how does it hold up to the elements while towing and the bed is exposed?
2012 Coachmen Chaparral 330FBH
(2021 GD Reflection 337RLS coming soon)

(2021 Sierra 3500HD DMax SRW LB - on order)
11 REPLIES 11

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'll agree 100% with the easy on the knees part. We have had bed rugs in three of our trucks and other than things not sliding around easy the easy on the knees when crawling around in the bed is what made me keep getting one every time I got a new truck. I cannot bend over much so anything that needs bending over for gets done on my knees. :E It has about a half inch of foam bonded under the rug material. I put it in right over the factory sprayed in bed liner. Besides that, they look great! :B
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

^^^ Yea but these old knees LOVED the bedrug when I had it ! Truth be told, that is really the only reason I liked it so much, it was easy on my knees when doing stuff in the bed...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why do you need a bed rug in your truck. Part of the puck system is a sprayed in bed liner which in my opinion is far superior to a bed rug in most instances.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
I had Line-X spray in done when 1st purchase my truck that was in Jan 2007
Still going strong

I'll never go back to a bed mat

I agree ,I see no reason for anything but a spray in liner for a truck bed . I have had the Rhino liner in my last two trucks going back to 1998.

Lazy_Moon
Explorer
Explorer
In 2018 when I bought my new truck, I called BedRug. They said they did not make any that were compatible with the puck system.

I love the company though. Had a BedRug in my 2004 truck and in 2013 when I bought a 5th wheel I was going to cut out for the rails. When I took the rug out to cut holes for the rails, I unzipped the BedRug. I couldn't get it to go back together again. Called the company to see if they could fix the zippers & how much they would charge. Instead, they sent me a whole new BedRug, no charge. This is 9 years after I bought it. Sad I couldn't get one to use with the puck system.

Cliff

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had Line-X spray in done when 1st purchase my truck that was in Jan 2007
Still going strong

I'll never go back to a bed mat
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
The BedRug in my truck is most likely 16 years old and it looks great. It has always been covered with a canopy or tonneau. I have standard rails for my hitch so I had to cut openings in the mat. The comment regarding firewood is true but I have had no problems bringing it clean with a shop vac. When it gets rained on while towing I make it a point to leave the tonneau open when it is not raining to air the rug out. Sometimes this takes a week and I have not experienced any rot or degradation. My knees thank me for owning the BedRug.

I had a custom bed mat which did not go when I sold a previous truck. I cut a chunk out of it and use it as an entry mat for the trailer. It gets soaked, muddy and filthy but I just hose it off and am good to go. It dries quickly. The material they use is really tough.

I had a bed rug in my 2015 with my Superglide and loved it...

The only reason I did not get one with my 2020 was the fact that every time I tossed firewood into the bed, the rug would hold the splinters.. everything else was a breeze to clean up....

I went with the factory spray in liner this time and am happy so far.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had a Bed Rug in our previous truck with industry-standard rails for the hitch. I just cut out slots where the bed rails were and installed the bed rug. We had a Tonneau cover which was closed when we weren't towing, but when we went full-time with that rig, the Bed Rug did just fine exposed to the elements. Sometimes pine needles were a little harder to sweep out of the corners.:)

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
I cut out around the rails and you really need to Velcro it down so the wind doesnโ€™t make it flap and it could tear. I love my bed rug though.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
According to the frequently asked questions on their website, getting wet or being in the sun (UV resistant) won't hurt it. It doesn't hold water it drains right through to your bed drains. Even says you can use a power washer to clean it.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500