cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

belly liner repair

unclescratch
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know what you call it, but the corrugated plastic that closes-in the belly of my 5er needs help. After a few repairs to dump valves, I need a good product to seal-up the bottom. 'Duck' brand duck-tape just doesn't hold-on very long and I would like to find some type of (wide, maybe 4-inch) adhesive tape to close-up the bottom. Any sources for something that really works?? Thanks, folks.
20 REPLIES 20

Fisher_Bill
Explorer
Explorer
Mine kept coming loose from the strips of metal that clamp it up to the frame so after the second time of trying to re-clamp it I bought strips of 1/8 x 2" metal and bolted those up in 3 places from frame to frame, hasn't moved since. Fortunately I didn't get any tearing (so far).
2006 Chevy 3500 Dually 6.6 Duramax Diesel & Allison Transmission
2010 Northshore 28RK by Dutchmen
Our first fifth wheel!!!

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Has anyone actually used coroplast tape? I have a couple places I need to repair and plan to buy the right tape if anyone has used it. Seems like to you have to clean the surface then heat a little first.

rhagfo wrote:
Wow, so many that have an Eternabond as the save all fix all. I have had great results with gorilla tape. I always cut a three sided flap, once work is done, apply tape to the three sides of the flap. Then push the flap up and seal to the cleaned surface around the opening, hinge side always forward.

My black Gorilla tape pealed after 1 year on the 3 sided flap I had.... I figured I would try the eternabond to see the difference. I just added it 2 weeks ago, so we shall see
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Wow, so many that have an Eternabond as the save all fix all. I have had great results with gorilla tape. I always cut a three sided flap, once work is done, apply tape to the three sides of the flap. Then push the flap up and seal to the cleaned surface around the opening, hinge side always forward.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

I just did that to mine and used 12" black eternabond... will never have to worry about that section
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

vinyl_addict1
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
Here is one option.

This is exactly what I used last week to repair a tear in the belly. It appears to hold very well if you clean the surface that it adheres to. Previously I made the repair with the silver HVAC tape but it lasted only 1 year.

alboy
Explorer
Explorer
Most rv dealers carry the tape to repair the belly,you can buy by the foot.Clean the area first with a cleaner and it will not come off,unfortunately ive used many feet of it.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have used white eternal bond tape for various outside minor small repairs on the TT and it looks great against white color of the trailer and last a very long time. Should do fine underneath the trailer as it is not thin like many other tapes. Cheers

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
agesilaus wrote:
That 4 inch wide gorilla super strong tape works well.

Well I used 2โ€ on a flap I needed to open to get to the fresh water drain, it has worked before when I sealed the belly for several years now!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

gtnsmlr
Explorer
Explorer
I used 1/2 x2 wood strips and small drywall screw for future access.
The older we get, the faster we go

mhardin
Explorer
Explorer
The silver metal tape used by HVAC service people. It sticks and is not affected by heat or cold. Not duct tape!
2013 Ford F-350, 4x4, Crew Cab, Long Box.
2001 Jayco Eagle 266 FBS.
2014 Heartland Elkridge 37 Ultimate.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Here is one option.

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad
Iโ€™ve used gorilla tape and it has held well for over a year.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Flashing tape
tape
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand