cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best PDI checklist to take to dealer?

Raptormom02
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for input on whats is the best PDI check list to take to the dealer. I know about 10 years ago I found a good one, but the link does not work any more. Also how much can you expect a dealer to fix on a used RV you purchase from them? Any input would be appreciated. Thank you
Husband and I
2 adult children 19&21
2002 Chevy 2500HD Diesel
2009 Raptor 300MP
KTM 350
Raptor 350 x2
White Lab, small terrier
4 REPLIES 4

Y-Guy
I've used Tom Boles PDI Checklist on 3 RVs, worked well for me.
PDI & Other Checklists

Since most are not designed for Toy Haulers I suggest taking a full 5 gallon gas can, emptying into the tank and pumping it back out so you can text the fuel station as well as the generator. Test it under load not just firing it up. Turn the A/C units on and give it a good test.

Some dealers will squawk at the PDI. I had one dealer that didn't want me to do the PDI until I bought it, no way. I was ready to walk - he blinked. This should be one on your own time, you're not asking them to do the work. Ask they give you the initial orientation, then leave you be. Bring a clip board and have at it. Do not sign any purchase documents or loan docs until AFTER you complete your PDI and AFTER they fix anything that isn't working. They will be eager to fix these things before you buy it, but after then you have to go through warranty stuff.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I used a variation of #2 above; it's a bit too wordy. It took us about three hours to do our PDI last week. Bottom line is: any PDI is better than no PDI
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
AMEN TO EVERYTHING IN WRITING.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
PDI Checklist 1

PDI checklist 2

You should be able to negotiate any repair that are needed as part of the purchase contract.

You may be willing to accept fixing items yourself in order to lower the purchase price.

Make sure you get EVERYTHING in writing.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.