cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought a new torque t285, Ram 3500

Viken
Explorer
Explorer
Well sold the class A Winnebago, and bought a new torque t285 and a 2021 ram 3500 with the Cummins. Getting the weight distribution correct took me forever. Fully loaded my tongue weight is 1500 lbs. I’m so glad I didn’t get the 3/4 ton I had ordered. I’ve towed back and forth weighing it and it seems to tow fine. We are going to sturgis and that will be our first real trip with the new toys. Here I’ll give my weight just so you can see. Front 5240, rear 5040, and trailer 10,000. On to the toy hauler. We got it home and noticed some things needed fixing. Both recliners had all the screws falling out. I fixed that. The happijac had some loose hardware. I also fixed that. The radio is possessed, it comes on and off when ever it wants. lol. That will be fixed by dealer. Over all we are very happy with the camper. We just realize it’s not the same quality as our Winnebago. I love my truck. Never had a diesel before. Wow it’s powerful.
2021 Ram 3500. Torque t285 toy hauler
10 REPLIES 10

Viken
Explorer
Explorer
The camper is at the dealer getting worked on. Let’s see if they fix all my problems.

Viken
Explorer
Explorer
Well at the campsite. I’m glad I have two ac’s. One of them is not blowing air. I’m guessing the fan came loose. At least that’s what I think. I’ll have to look tomorrow.

LowRyter
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like a nice rig. I would only caution that I would never count on the dealer to fix anything and would be prepared to fix it myself or look to reputable repair sources.

In the case of the radio, take it to the local car stereo shop and pay out of pocket.

Certainly give the dealer an opportunity but don't be surprised if they fail.

Your truck should have no trouble pulling the trailer.
John L
WW SL 2805 5th Wheel
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Allison Duramax X Cab
Ducati 939 SS, Moto Guzzi V11 Sport, Moto Guzzi EV California and Suzuki 1200 Bandit

Viken
Explorer
Explorer
It looks real good. I’m just wondering if gaining 20lbs on the front is ok.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Viken wrote:
Very cool. I was wondering if I should even use the weight distribution hitch. It seems kind of bumpy the way I have it set up now.

She’s heavy up front for sure. I put airbags on but I have a coil spring truck. I’d think a new 3500 would probably just level out nicely with 1500lbs tongue weight.

I got a wdh with it that doesn’t fit my truck and bags were cheaper, easier and more useful for me.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Viken
Explorer
Explorer
Very cool. I was wondering if I should even use the weight distribution hitch. It seems kind of bumpy the way I have it set up now.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
A new T285 just pulled in yesterday where we’re camping. It’s a nice looking camper!
Congrats. And your truck will have zero issue pulling it.
Pulling our same size camper with too big of tires and too high of gears and it holds 5th gear everywhere except 5%+ grades.
Tows arrow straight too (no wdh). But it should with all that tongue weight! Lol
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Viken
Explorer
Explorer
Yup I can’t post a picture. It wants some url thing. I’m real good at copying and pasting, but that’s it lol. Hey I can paste my YouTube video. https://youtu.be/rpAx8do7ci8

Viken
Explorer
Explorer
I’ll try

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations! Please post rig pictures.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad