cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

bugs on the front

hud60
Explorer
Explorer
anyone have any experience with a bug banner on the front of your fifth wheel? just looking to see if they are worth buying.
4 REPLIES 4

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I've thought about adding a clear bra. I have one on my sports car, and it works great.

But I haven't gone that way yet. Late this season, we did the ceramic coating (did it ourself), and it makes bugs much easier to get off.

Before we did the ceramic coating, we used this product from Amazon. It really is a true spray on, wash off solution, but I'm sure it can't be easy on the wax.

bug remover
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
hud60 wrote:
anyone have any experience with a bug banner on the front of your fifth wheel? just looking to see if they are worth buying.

Tried a "bra" on the front of a sports car. It did more damage rubbing that the rock chips I was trying to avoid. I'll wash & wax.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Same as above^^ ..

I get a good coat of wax on the cap before any trip... each day after a stop, I simply hose off the cap.. with a good wax, that should get rid of MOST, not all of the days dead hitch hikers...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Coach-man
Explorer
Explorer
I made sure the front was clean, and waxed before going on any trips! When you get to your destination, clean off using car wash and water, (drier sheets work well also). Do not let the bugs โ€œbake in the sunโ€, and they will come off relatively easy.