cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

buying/installation of pullrite superglide

Bobroham
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, first post here and a new 5th wheeler.

I am thinking of buying a used Pullrite superglide for about $400CDN with rails attached. the rails don't appear to be the pullrite easy remove ones.

My truck is a 2011 F-250 shortbed.

Is there any way of testing the hitch before installing?
What kind of brackets do I need to buy? Are they specific to the rails/hitch or industry standard?
10 REPLIES 10

LumpyOatmeal
Explorer
Explorer
Contact PullRite - They were very helpfull to me when I bought my used Superglide. They even sent me new decals and springs for the latch mec.

Coach-man
Explorer
Explorer
Ron3rd wrote:
Toolguy5 wrote:
You will also need a caption plate. Some are made to fit specific 5ers or they do have universal plates.

Beat me to it; yes you also need the proper capture plate for your pin box. This plate is what allows the Superglide hitch head to rotate and move back and forth. Go to the Pullrite site for more info.

You both are correct, and beat me as well, but I want to point out that Pullrite also sells a "universal" capture plate. The universal will work, but be prepared for the "clunk, clunk" on take off's and stops!

Calkidd
Explorer
Explorer
You can hand opperate the hitch to make sure it slides easily. There is also a track a large bearing rides in. Check that track for wear. There will be some normal "flaring" on the edges of the track.

FordDiesel250
Explorer
Explorer
Please let us know how this turns out. I am also thinking about purchasing pullrite hitch for my short bed also.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Toolguy5 wrote:
You will also need a caption plate. Some are made to fit specific 5ers or they do have universal plates.

Beat me to it; yes you also need the proper capture plate for your pin box. This plate is what allows the Superglide hitch head to rotate and move back and forth. Go to the Pullrite site for more info.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Braces
Explorer
Explorer
"Capture" plates are made for specific pin boxes not necessarily brand/model 5er as changing out pin boxes on 5ers is not uncommon in trying to get smoother handling.

Toolguy5
Explorer
Explorer
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
I have an 08 F250 short bed and used the custom under the bed mounting kit.
cpaulsen

pyoung47
Explorer
Explorer
If the hitch attaches to two 2 inch square rails, it is the convetional type. They have a model that also attaces to industry standard rails. It is very easy to install the under bed mount for the square rails. If you have the square tubes, you can get a kit w/o them. I've installed in both a Dodge and 16 F 350. Their customer service is excellent. The web site will allow you to ID the hitch. I would buy new if I had to in order to get the super rail type.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would contact Pullrite with your truck info and the hitch info. They will be the best to tell you what other parts you need.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500