cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find black and grey tanks.

Lorne_Coultman
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a 1989 Security Penthouse 32 trailer and have never had a trailer and want to do work on it.Of course there is no manual and I don't think the company is in business. So I cant find anything about it. It is getting cold in Calgary Canada and want to make sure the tanks are drained. I have lots of questions but this is the most important at this stage. Hope someone can help. would love to find a manual somewhere.
8 REPLIES 8

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
Michelle.S wrote:
Is it possible the unit was setup on a seasonal site and the previous owner was plumbed directly and removed the holding tanks??

+1

Might not have ever had any.

Get underneath and find the tanks, if they are there. You will likely need to pull down whatever cover they used under the frame. But you'll want to do that anyway for inspection and as you work on the trailer. Waste tanks, if there are any, will almost certainly be under the floor and between the frame rails. Keep in mind that a fresh water tank could be under there, but also is often inside the trailer, under a bed, or a dinette seat, or other cabinet.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is it possible the unit was setup on a seasonal site and the previous owner was plumbed directly and removed the holding tanks??
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Working on something you know little about (where are waste tanks?) can get expensive.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
To drain the black and gray tanks look for a 3" black pipe with 2 t-handle valves. You may have two lines. I do. You also need to find the FW tank drain. It will be a 1/2" line with a valve on the end. You also need to find 2 low point drains. One for hot and one for cold. They will have valves or caps on the ends.

You tube is your friend. You don't need a manual. They are generac anyway. All RV are basically the same.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Who did you buy it from? Can they not tell you?
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

garym114
Explorer
Explorer
Consider fresh water piping, the fresh water tank and and water heater.
2000 Sea Breeze F53 V10 - CR-V Toad
Some RV batteries live a long and useful life, some are murdered.
Get a Digital Multimeter and Learn How to Use It

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I would think the handles are near the outlet. It's possible they fell off or were removed. Look for small holes near where the outlet is. You may have to get one of these. They screw back into the slide valve: click here.