cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t find low point release valve

Camaurice
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Winnebago micro Minnie 5th wheel 2020. It has the winterizing package, the under carriage is sealed off. I see a blue and red tube coming down and am assuming that’s where fresh water drains out. I can’t find a release valve anywhere to empty the fresh water tank, so far all I can do is open up all the water spigots and drain into the gray water tank. Any body know where the release valve is?
8 REPLIES 8

CapnCampn
Explorer III
Explorer III
You could just uncap the red & blue lines, then turn on the pump. that would drain the tank pretty quickly.

CC

Camaurice
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if I’m posting this correctly but to everyone who replied, I finally found the drain. It was under the between the wheels, a flex hose with a very cheap looking valve that can be opened, so cheap looking I have a fear of breaking it. Thanks for all of your replies. As far as support from the dealer and support from Winnebago they both tried to assist o er the phone , both promised they’d check into it but neither of them came through.

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
On our 2010 Montana there was no drain valve for the fresh water tank, just a white flex PVC line hanging down from the tank with screw on cap. You just removed the cap to drain the fresh water tank.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

rsgs
Explorer
Explorer
One of my fifth wheels just has two pipes hanging below (hot/cold), which are the low-point drains. They do not have values. I uncap them and they gravity drain or I use air for winterizing.

John and Robyn
Penny (Brittany)
·2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD SRW 4x4 Crew LB
·2004 Fleetwood/Prowler Regal Extreme Edition 2952 Bunk
-2005 Forest River 28RK

[img][/img]

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Blue and red are low point drains. Look in bathroom cabinet or whatever is above those drains and see if there are some valves to empty water lines. FW tank is different and should have a clear,white or blue line to drain it, I would guess somewhere under the trailer.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Should have been part of the pre-purchase walk through. Complain to the dealership manager.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
Call your dealer, they should have explained all this to you received it.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Blue and Red are the low point drains to drain 'most' of the water out of the lines in the rig.

The actual fresh water tank drain should be near where the fill spout is?

But, if you don't have an outside fill spout (I guess more and more are doing the 'valve' thing where you plug into the city water and then flip a switch or valve to send water to the fresh water tank).

But, the tank should still be located more to the front of the rig in front of the axles.. Might just be a very small valve, but should be visible past the covered under carriage?

Just my guess at it.

Good luck! Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.