cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

City water supply issue on a 2007 Jayco 345BHS.

Hardline
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning, we are out camping for the holiday and we are having a problem with the city water supply. It worked fine yesterday. We are getting water into the city supply connection on the side of the camper. But we have no water supply to any of the toilet or shower or sinks. I did notice yesterday when we hooked up it seems like the water pressure was possibly high. I do have a pressure regulator reducer at the hydrant. Is there a check valve in the camper that gets tripped if the pressure is too high to the camper? Currently without water and planned on staying here until Monday. Thanks for any more site.
5 REPLIES 5

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good catch, I'll remember that. The only trouble we ever had with our 345BHS and water was that screen at the connection from hose to unit. We bought the unit used so it may not have been factory, but it sure worked better once I removed it.
Puma 30RKSS

Hardline
Explorer
Explorer
Problem solved, in the city water connection on the side of the trailer is a small check valve. It has a spring attached and a little plastic keeper I think that keeps that connection sealed off for when you do not have a water hose hooked to it. That keeper had broke and allowed the plunger to go in and sealed off on the inside of the valve. I just pulled all the pieces out and will have to get a replacement when we get back home. Thanks y'all.

wrgrs50s
Explorer
Explorer
The only check valve inside the trailer plumbing that I'm aware of is at the hot water heater to keep the hot water from pressurizing and pushing back into the cold input line. If you are not the first owner then it's possible someone installed a backflow valve to the inlet, but usually the manufacturer does not.

If there is any type of in line filtering then there may be something there blocking the flow. The screens on the end of your faucets can get clogged with sediment but that would usually only effect one faucet at a time and not the whole trailer.

I would still try filling the freshwater tank and see how that works with the water pump. It may rule out a few other things.
Keep us posted as to what you find.
Walter and Janie Rogers
2012 Sundance 277RL
TV 2006 Silverado 2500 6.0

Hardline
Explorer
Explorer
I tried the water out of the hose is good. I tried to hook dirrect and it did no difference. Pretty sure the trailer was over pressurized because the regulator had failed. Possibly some type of pressure valve tripped in supply in trailer???

wrgrs50s
Explorer
Explorer
Most likely your pressure regulator has malfunctioned. You might try temporarily bypassing it to make sure.

Try putting water in your fresh tank and using your 12v water pump to see if that works.
Walter and Janie Rogers
2012 Sundance 277RL
TV 2006 Silverado 2500 6.0