cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cleaning Question

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
How are you waxing the top 1/3 of the front cap?? Step latter isn't close enough with the curved front, too far a reach to wax. Works OK on the sides, they are straight. Extension latter would leave marks.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold
29 REPLIES 29

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Depends where I am. When in a boatyard a couple times a year I set up with A frames & boards. When left to my own ingenuity I put put one of my leveling boards across the truck bedrails, lower the trailer so that it is almost on the bedrails & on the board I go. I can almost reach the top of the cap this way. More than once or twice the truck has been used to wax the entire trailer.

When you don't have a sticks & bricks to go to you have to be creative.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Road_Dog
Explorer
Explorer
I use my wifes oven mits to put over the ends of an extension ladder to keep from scratching. Works great!

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
wantabe351 wrote:
I start on the roof of our RV waxing the front cap on my belly using my DA polisher, then onto a ladder in our PU bed, then moving the ladder on the ground and boy is it tiring work even with my machine

x2

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Back truck under front like you are going to hitch. Put ladder in bed, get er dun!

Yup, posted that solution on this thread 6 months ago :R

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Back truck under front like you are going to hitch. Put ladder in bed, get er dun!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Pipeman
Explorer
Explorer
I have an aluminum extension ladder and it also can be used as a step ladder and also have 2 rubber tips that fit over the end of the ladder, so no scratching. I do the whole 5er using it. I take it along when we travel. Had the 5er washed and waxed while at the Indian River, Michigan campground last summer. It was $10 a foot to wash and wax and they did a great job.
Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
35 year Fire Fighter(retired)
VE3PJF

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
ACZL wrote:
Bought a 10' step ladder and move it often and up/down/up/down/up/dow. and keep repeating. Def get your exercise.

X2. It works very well.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

frankgibbons194
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased the bath bliss toilet brushflow through the wash brush to wash my RV. It turned out to be exactly what I wanted.

My favorite features:

- On/off lever adjusts water amount with thumb or finger and doesnโ€™t leak, drift, or get bumped.
- Dense, soft bristles perfect for hard scrubbing without scratching.
- Telescope easy to adjust, stays in place, doesnโ€™t lead.
- Squirt dish soap refit into bristles to suds up about 10 feet of RV at a time.
- Squirts narrow stream about 12 feet for good dunce after scrubbing.
- Note: Seems more rugged than other telescoping products that have failed me; I _hope_ this lasts.

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
When we hit Colorado (Southfork) there is a crew that comes through and washes fiver and then will polish if you want. Amazing how little they charge.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a 10' step ladder and move it often and up/down/up/down/up/dow. and keep repeating. Def get your exercise.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Paul_Clancy
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™ve always used a wash brush that has a built in extension pole and stand in truck bed place a damp rag to put wax on then dry microfibre to take off. Up on roof to get last bit by hand. Cap looks new after 6 years. Easy work. Do sides same way from ground. Using chemical guys jet wax and very happy. Bugs come off cap with wet cloth. Same brush and pole.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
wantabe351 wrote:
I start on the roof of our RV waxing the front cap on my belly using my DA polisher, then onto a ladder in our PU bed, then moving the ladder on the ground and boy is it tiring work even with my machine

x2

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
I backed the truck up, lowered the tailgate and put my step ladder in the bed. Works great until you look down.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Parrothead Mike,
Until this past winter we used to do the same. Not towing South anymore so am now looking to find the same kind of service up in the Traverse City, MI area. The service we had did a fantastic job every year and kept our trailer looking almost like new. Well worth the $350 or so for our 30ft trailer.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine