cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crossroads Carriage?

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
It's too hot to fish so I'm looking at RV's.
There is a 2016 Crossroads Carriage that looks interesting. I think the Carriage line is an orphan?? Anyone know when it was discontinued or why? I'm looking at a 40RL. Looks good with full body paint. Only slight negative is 16" wheels.
Would you have an issue with an orphan? The components are standard, Crossroads is still in business, etc., etc..
$52,000
https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/used-rvs-for-sale/fifth-wheel/2016-crossroads-carriage_rv-41204
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive
10 REPLIES 10

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
You would be much better off looking for a nice clean used Carriage Cameo rather than anything by Crossroads.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
2017. Their service department has already looked at repairing it. The salesman didn't have the info yesterday. I'll pass along your repair info when I get back with them. I had similar issue with the HC doors. I bought a $5 latch from Home Depot. Kinda like the sliding shower doors. That $1 OEM latch is easy to fail or forget. We use spring loaded curtain rods in the bottom tracks. Thanks for all your help.
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

TxGearhead wrote:
I drove up to Cleburne and looked at the Carriage and the Redwood. The Carriage was bigger, 41ft., vs. the Redwood at 37. The Carriage was a bit on the gaudy side, even for a RV. Not New Orleans bordello gaudy, but just a bit too much for me. The Redwood on the other hand was about right. Only issue was the closet door came off the track and was leaned up in the closet. It had just a few very minor scratches inside. Outside looked pristine to me. So now it's back and forth on the price. Probably pull the Montana HC up there next week. It'll bring tears to your eyes when they quote you trade in value. Got in the worst traffic jam I've been in in a long time. I-45 at Huntsville southbound shutdown to 1 lane. One hour of creep and brake, creep and brake. Good timing...4 day weekend and half of Dallas is headed to Houston.

What year is the Redwood again?? Front Closet.... on my *16* RL the front closet door came off during 1 trip.. They place a single piece of 90* corner angle to stop the door from going too far and rolling out of the tracks... That thin piece breaks.. I replaced that single piece with 3 pieces back to back and it never happened again... I probably spent $3.00 at Home Depot
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
I drove up to Cleburne and looked at the Carriage and the Redwood. The Carriage was bigger, 41ft., vs. the Redwood at 37. The Carriage was a bit on the gaudy side, even for a RV. Not New Orleans bordello gaudy, but just a bit too much for me. The Redwood on the other hand was about right. Only issue was the closet door came off the track and was leaned up in the closet. It had just a few very minor scratches inside. Outside looked pristine to me. So now it's back and forth on the price. Probably pull the Montana HC up there next week. It'll bring tears to your eyes when they quote you trade in value. Got in the worst traffic jam I've been in in a long time. I-45 at Huntsville southbound shutdown to 1 lane. One hour of creep and brake, creep and brake. Good timing...4 day weekend and half of Dallas is headed to Houston.
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
The new Carriage was built in the same factory as the Redwood in Topeka In. both nice units but it always seemed strange to me that they are built in the same place and basically compete against each other for business, they now only build the Cameo line of Carriage which I think was their lower level line between the two. Good luck on your decision.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

pcm1959
Explorer
Explorer
Like the B O Plenty said, there is absolutely NO relation or similarity to the Crossroads Carriage/Cameo and the original that went our of business after 40 years.
Lifestyle was started up in 2013 as a direct carry-over of the original Carriage but with improvements. They folded in 2016.
I agree that there are better choices in the used market than the new generation Carriage/Cameo or even the Redwood.
Good luck in your search.
2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL

SCRATCH THAT ITCH ! ! ! ! :B

The Carriage are nice, BUT NOT the Carriage of old..... they are a lower version of the Redwood
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
clicky

Unless its storming, I'm driving up there to look at that Carriage and their Redwood. https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/used-rvs-for-sale/fifth-wheel/2017-thor-redwood_rv-41762
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
The real Carriage went out of business about 2011. Lifestyle then came out by Evergreen and had some success building a copy of it. After they folded Crossroads bought the Carriage name and started building their version. Not even close to the original. I think there are much better choices.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

clicky
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7