cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Curts Q24 head with 24k slider

I have not heard a TON of info on the Curt slider...

My brother in law is looking at upgrading to a fifth wheel and he needs to get a hitch... He found a Curt Q24 slider for the Ford Puck system and asked me what I thought ?????

Any info would be appreciated...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet
6 REPLIES 6

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Listen to the two that have the B&W!!! Plain and simple the CURT is hard to unhitch on uneven ground and the design DOES cause CHUCKING. OH if you care the CURT/MOPAR 5er hitches are all Made in CHINA. B&W is 100% US Made.

Pivot on the CURT head is several inches below the king pin. Pivot point on the B&W is right at the kingpin elevation.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Thanks blofgren ,

I have a B&W and feel the same exact way.... I couldn't tell him too much about the Curt so I asked here..

I found a Superglide on Marketplace for the pucks and also found a B&W as well. Both were sliders and both were Ford Puck... I sent those 2 links to him last night.

I have been steering him towards those 2 with the B&W being my first personal choice.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 20K Curt slider (branded Ram) for several years when I first bought my truck. It worked OK, but was a bit clunky, and the truck/trailer chucked quite a bit with it. I found a virtually new B&W Companion slider for the Ram puck system last year on CL and jumped on it, and sold the Curt. I can say without question that the B&W is a far superior hitch, and I wish I would have bought one years ago. My wife even commented how much smoother the truck and trailer are with the B&W.

The Curt will do the trick, but there are better options IMHO.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Marketplace is where he saw the Curtโ€ฆ
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
I've no experience with the Curt, but just thought I'd mention to have him look on FB marketplace. Lots of FW hitches listed in my area, all brands, but many for Ford pucks.

Jerry

Great advice. You can pick a hitch up for 1/3 price there.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I've no experience with the Curt, but just thought I'd mention to have him look on FB marketplace. Lots of FW hitches listed in my area, all brands, but many for Ford pucks.

Jerry