cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decal

kjk66ss
Explorer
Explorer
can anyone recommend a shop to replace all my decals on my 2009 raptor 300mp?
The decals are horrible and should have negotiated that when I bought it used off the lot. I basically need to replace every single decal.

I can hardly wash or wax the 5th wheel these days, the decals flake off everywhere and get all of the microfibers when trying to wax.
31 REPLIES 31

Raptormom02
Explorer
Explorer
Keystone sent us a new set of decals for our 2009 300mp 2 years ago. We removed the decals on the slide side of the trailer, cargo door, and front cause they were so bad but the side with the door was not bad so we did not remove them yet. We figured when we are sitting outside the trailer at camp that is the side we see so why bother right now. Also when driving down the road others only see one side at a time, so who really knows that they are only removed on one side.

New decals are still in package if we want to put them on later. Or give them to new owner if we ever decide to sell it. They can have the option to replace them or not.
Husband and I
2 adult children 19&21
2002 Chevy 2500HD Diesel
2009 Raptor 300MP
KTM 350
Raptor 350 x2
White Lab, small terrier

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our first contact was on September 11th. We sent some photos of how bad they were. At that time she said she would be sending out the decals the next week. We've contacted them a couple of times since, and they said they would send them right out.

So far, zilch.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

kjk66ss
Explorer
Explorer
How long has it been ?

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Keystone rep said they were sending us replacement decals, so far we've received nothing. I hope you have better luck.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

kjk66ss
Explorer
Explorer
Keystone is sending me a set as a goodwill one time replacement.

EricRobinson8
Explorer
Explorer
did you buy them from Keystone? Keep us posted on how it goes
2006 F-250 CC PSD 4X4
2007 Raptor 299MP
Pullrite Superglide

kjk66ss
Explorer
Explorer
New decals are on the ups truck headed my way. So soon I'll get to work on removal.

cchristanis
Explorer
Explorer
Wd 40 will leave a residue. It has to be cleaned off. But it is a quick way to remove them. Just needs a quick wipe

deltamaster wrote:
I would think the WD-40 would leave a residue. If you plan to apply new decals, paint or wax then the residue might interfere.

kjk66ss
Explorer
Explorer
Agreed Marty. I am going to order a cover once I get the decals sorted out.

MartyMoose
Explorer
Explorer
All this has me really thinking about investing in a cover.... my last camper was only tree years old so no decal problems but my trailer before that was 6 years old and the decals where starting to go....
I plan on keeping this awhile...might go for some protection at least over the winter.

Note: Not hijacking just a thought.
2014 Heartland 305RW Road Warrior

2012 Ford F250 Lariat

deltamaster
Explorer
Explorer
I would think the WD-40 would leave a residue. If you plan to apply new decals, paint or wax then the residue might interfere.
:E [purple]I ride it like I stole it![/purple] :B

.......and I just may have.......

I'm on "CB-13", are you?

2004 Fun Mover with a 1998 Road King and a 2002 Sportster tucked in the garage, Dragging a 2002 "RAM Tough" Dodge Dakota Crew Cab. Ohhh what a haul!

TSgt(Ret.) USAF

cchristanis
Explorer
Explorer
U might want to try some wd40 to remove the glue. i use it to remove adhesive from the balance weights on my motorcycle tires. It wont hurt. By, the way, what about spraying a little clear coat over the stickers? im not a body man, but I figure that would work and cant cost much. My girlfriend worked for camping world once and said dont get anything with decals.

mustangglp wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/AES-Industries-Smart-Eraser-Adaptor/dp/B00488DDB8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=14140...

here you go
The key is having a drill that's the right speed They work good used them for year when i was doing auto collision

deltamaster
Explorer
Explorer
For the windows, just lay the decal over the window frame and trim it with a box knife or razor blade tight around the frame.

For the awning, just extend the awning and remove the arms from the side of the rig at the bottom and rest them on the ground as you would to create an outdoor room.
:E [purple]I ride it like I stole it![/purple] :B

.......and I just may have.......

I'm on "CB-13", are you?

2004 Fun Mover with a 1998 Road King and a 2002 Sportster tucked in the garage, Dragging a 2002 "RAM Tough" Dodge Dakota Crew Cab. Ohhh what a haul!

TSgt(Ret.) USAF

kjk66ss
Explorer
Explorer
I think the bigger challenge will be installing new ones now.i don't want to have to pull the windows out and the awning off and all the accessories just to install the new ones